This thread is privately moderated by Capt jk, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 31, 2019, 01:10 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Kit No - 2002 B-17G Flying Fortress

ALCON,
Serving overseas here, got an injury that required surgery. As a kid, I put together many Guillows kits and dreamed of someday being able to convert them to RC.

The injury inspired me to reach back into my bag of tricks to find something to do to help me with fine motor skills. I love old WWII Bombers, and decided over a glass of scotch to purchase a B-17 kit.

I discovered this site, and was able to view a number of builds such as "MELTOR's" and found his cooresponding YouTube page which was very well done.

I guess I'm inspired, and now want to convert my model to electric RC, but need a bit of help getting started.

I have time as I'm convalescing, and money isn't an issue. Figuring out what to order parts wise has been tricky, and I'll be asking for assistance with help with wiring.

I am requesting assistance in coming up with a list of supplies to order, and would love to hear recommendations. What worked well for you, what you would do differently, ECT.

I would like to create an inventory list of parts to order to include:
Props
Motors
ESC's
Receiver
Recommended servos for:
-Aelerons
-Rudder
-Elevators
-Bomb doors
Battery size
Retracts and supplies
Tail wheel
Covering

My goal is to make this airworthy. Whether I will fly it will be up for debate, but I can see myself getting back into this hobby.

I am looking forward to learning a lot with this build and getting to know you all. I hope you all have fun following my progress as well. Thanks for your time!

v/r

Capt jk
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply