Oct 07, 2019, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
You Sir, must have really good eyes and really, really good reflexes.....😃
The reflexes are fine, but the eyes havenít been stable for most of my 40ís.

I fake it.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2019, 03:39 PM
Rough Landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
This isnít the 70ís. Beginners buy foamies.

These kits are for enthusiasts.
Right and Wrong. Some of the Flite Test Dollar Tree foamy guys and kids dabble in building balsa after ruining their disposable foamies. With no kits available, it is hard for them to dabble. These guys will most likely be electric, not 1/2A, but at least they will be building kits.
Oct 07, 2019, 06:11 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday101
Right and Wrong. Some of the Flite Test Dollar Tree foamy guys and kids dabble in building balsa after ruining their disposable foamies. With no kits available, it is hard for them to dabble. These guys will most likely be electric, not 1/2A, but at least they will be building kits.
Flite Test has it right. Get them started with building. Then they'll look at building as their first option. Materials and power source are just options then.

They're already looking online for kits & plans, so won't be shocked when the LHS has nothing useful except electronics.
Oct 10, 2019, 08:31 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Sneak peek of the Simple Series Mini Wing kit based on the Ace R/C Constant Chord Wing.
Oct 15, 2019, 09:46 AM
1. Junior Skylark
2. Junior Falcon

ETA for Simple Series Mini Wing kit based on the Ace R/C Constant Chord Wing?

Another want....wing kit based on Ace wing with original dimensions....constant or tapered.
Last edited by Titan II; Oct 15, 2019 at 10:50 AM. Reason: additions
Oct 16, 2019, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhart1971
Attached is a photo of our flat bottom airfoil. It is self jigging - but for some reason very easy to twist out of alignment while gluing. The semi and full symetrical airfoils just don't have that problem.

Let me think some more on this one.

Sincerely,
Doug (and Becky)
WillyNillies.com
Why not just include a simple wing plan and build it flat on the plan old school style? That wing would still be very quick and easy to build straight over a plan.
Last edited by mickydee; Oct 16, 2019 at 03:20 AM.
Oct 16, 2019, 09:19 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Doug, I'd recommend flat bottom wing options on many of your kits, primarily for customers planning to use glow engines and power off glides/landings. I found that once the engine quits, the glide was not very good on the Littlest Stick and Barnstormer. Just a recommendation.
Oct 16, 2019, 08:57 PM

Lanier indicator

posted this in wrong thread. My experience with an easy build easy fly plane.
Oct 17, 2019, 08:46 AM
Way back there use to be a 1/2a Shoestring. I keep thinking it was made Carl Goldberg. I have one build but it's buried with all my other older kit's and built planes. Some day I get to un bury it.,
Oct 17, 2019, 09:33 AM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky732
Way back there use to be a 1/2a Shoestring. I keep thinking it was made Carl Goldberg. I have one build but it's buried with all my other older kit's and built planes. Some day I get to un bury it.,
Isn't it built by sterling?
Oct 17, 2019, 09:40 AM
It could be but I don't have the box anymore. The wing is different I remember it using sheets of balsa to cover the top of the wing and had ribs but bottom not covered in balsa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverW
Isn't it built by sterling?
Oct 19, 2019, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
Sneak peek of the Simple Series Mini Wing kit based on the Ace R/C Constant Chord Wing.
It is now on their website.
Oct 22, 2019, 11:32 AM
A man with too many toys

Hinges

Does anyone still use fishing line for hinges? I use to do that a lot in the old days. It might be better than tape hinges for a nitro bird.

Oct 22, 2019, 11:49 AM
Rough Landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Does anyone still use fishing line for hinges? I use to do that a lot in the old days. It might be better than tape hinges for a nitro bird.

I did just did my Barnstormer with them and will use nothing else from now on.
Oct 22, 2019, 12:49 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday101
I did just did my Barnstormer with them and will use nothing else from now on.
What size fishing line - I need to buy some.

Quick Reply