Feb 12, 2020, 04:09 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Thread OP
Registration is open guys and gals!!! - IF YOU HAVE AN FAI REGISTRATION NUMBER BE SURE TO ADD IT TO YOUR REGISTRATION.

Please note that the Saturday dinner meal selection is set up for $5. Saturdays pizza oven at the field dinner is sponsored this year by Adrian Dybwad. As if he hasn't done enough ... Instead of paying for your pizza dinner, you can chose to give a voluntary donation that will go directly to the F3K team.

Our accountant will make sure to send every dollar donated for Saturday's pizza to the team and not pool it with the TPG contest funds. We will report the breakdown separately upon writing the check too.

So please make a donation in any number of $5 increments (you don't have to select only one... 3 $5 donations = $15 donation) upon registration. I think you can also come back later and "buy" more donations if you feel so inclined.

HUGE Thank you to Adrian Dybwad and Purple!!!

Thanks Adrian

Mike and the Torrey Pines Gulls.

WORLD CUP PRIZE

FAI Sporting Licenses at this link: https://naa.aero/membership/membership-application
Last edited by FLY F3B; Feb 13, 2020 at 06:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2020, 06:41 PM
Thread OP
If you guys want your score to count toward world cup points, please be sure to get your FAI Sporting license at the link posted in the previous post.
Feb 13, 2020, 08:48 PM
hot air rises...
Adrian IS the bomb!
Feb 13, 2020, 09:06 PM
Blind Hawk
Ok, I'm blind...... where is the registration link?

Rj
Feb 14, 2020, 12:54 AM
IHLGF 2020 registration link here:
https://www.f3xvault.com/?action=eve...&event_id=1810
Feb 14, 2020, 07:49 PM
Will fly for Bourbon
I'll signed up, sounds like another awesome Poway event!
Feb 17, 2020, 12:36 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Any plans to do a 1M contest on Friday again this year?

Thanks,

Pat MacKenzie
Feb 17, 2020, 06:49 AM
ArmSoar will be donating a Receiver-ready Deviant in a custom Poway graphic for the raffle.
Feb 18, 2020, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
ArmSoar will be donating a Receiver-ready Deviant in a custom Poway graphic for the raffle.
Fantastic Thomas. Thanks for your great support to the raffle over the years.
Feb 21, 2020, 10:28 PM
M Seid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
Armsoar needs to donate Thomas instead.
Mar 07, 2020, 12:23 AM
Thread OP
Guys, the IHLGF.com welcome page has been updated to let you know what to expect this year. More info to come.
Mar 09, 2020, 02:10 PM
F3B and F3K
My employer has issued out-of-state travel restrictions for the next two months due to the Corona virus outbreak*. If I still travel, I may not be allowed to return to work.

Not sure how it will shake out, but with the current regulations, I am not supposed to come.

Best,
Reto

* I work at a University-hospital, so they take it seriously.
Latest blog entry: Pull-pull: back to the roots
Mar 09, 2020, 06:56 PM
With all of the doomsday talk about COVID-19 all of us traveling from outside of California will be waiting to see what happens.
Last edited by Roy_N; Mar 10, 2020 at 06:05 PM.
Mar 12, 2020, 12:02 AM
M Seid

Details and Update......drink tequila, its good for your health.

Gavin told me that he could fly from Ohio to LAX round trip for 8 bucks and was excited to make the trip and put the money he saved towards the guacamole and tequila fund...I accepted his offer. But for the rest of you....

With the announcement to suspend travel from Europe to the United States for 30 days, and the imposition and uncertainty it creates for our pilots, we have made the decision to POSTPONE the IHLGF until September. We have many pilots that are in our over 60 "eagle" category that have been advised to avoid non-essential travel and social gatherings. Now, I dont personally feel the IHLGF falls in either of those categories and I know you all agree that being quarantined in San Diego is no where near as bad as living in Ohio full time, but I simply cant put you all up in my house for 3 weeks if you get stuck here. I simply don't have enough wetsuits or surfboards for everyone.

I hope this all turns out to be a global over reaction of enormous magnitude, but given the uncertainties, I know you all understand.

On a more serious note, I want you all to reflect on something: It has never been more important for us in F3K to continue to get together as a community and enjoy the friendship, humor, and competition while we stand in field and spec our models out above 400 feet. It is with incredible pride and commitment that we make to you to run the contest this year. This sucks all across the board. But when we run it, make sure you make it. It will be awesome. On behalf of all the folks at TPG that make this contest what it is, we look forward to seeing you in September.

Michael Seid- Contest Director, IHLGF
Mar 12, 2020, 12:14 AM
BVM & JR/DFA Rep
Unfortunate, but understandable.

Quick Reply