This thread is privately moderated by FLY F3B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 21, 2020, 10:21 AM
Can’t wait
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2020, 08:16 PM
Will fly for Bourbon
Looking forward to it, thanks Mike.
Feb 06, 2020, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
BW is okay, but Ramada is cheaper...both on Poway Rd., Ramada is about plus 2miles to the field

Rollo
Just booked a room at the Ramada. $85/night using Expedia.
Feb 06, 2020, 04:12 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Thread OP
bump
Feb 07, 2020, 12:01 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Thread OP
We are now all sticky and stuff... shouldn't be so hard to find this thread now....

Registration opening soon.

Mike
Feb 08, 2020, 12:36 PM
If only i didnt have a family vacay that next week!
Feb 10, 2020, 03:41 AM
MQ-5B Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
Hey Charles,

we let the contest happen as always and Friedmar will pick the FAI guys out to make a prelim Ranking for the World Cup as we will carry the prelim scores into the Flyoff, which means it’s not conform with FAI rules...
Do World Cup events allow non-standard rules? Last I checked, FAI rules don't allow carryover of prelim scores to the flyoff, which is a IHLGF tradition...
Feb 10, 2020, 06:15 AM
In F3J size does matter!
I can’t make it this year, had fun last year, hope to be able to make it again in the future, definitely a must attend event!

A few years back we’ve organized a competition in which the winner of the preliminaries received the Eurotour trophy, and winner of the flyoffs won the world cup trophy and also was declared the winner of the competition and received the local trophy.

Since a world cup competition doesn’t have to have a flyoff, it’s possible to have the preliminaries as the world cup event and the flyoffs a separate event so the winner of the preliminaries wins the World Cup and the winner of the flyoffs wins the IHLGF title. I’m pretty sure that would be within the rules of the World Cup.

When in doubt best to contact Friedmar, the World Cup coordinator.
Feb 10, 2020, 10:06 AM
Almost correct what Roy posted - the best FAI registered pilot of the prelims will get the Worldcup medal. For the WC scores, we simply need a total score sheet with an extra column for the FAI number and Friedmar will copy them into their FAI matrix...

Rollo
Feb 11, 2020, 08:51 PM
Ivan MacKenzie
OK, we're all booked and ready to register. Just sayin'...

Ivan MacKenzie.
Feb 11, 2020, 09:45 PM
Planning on it! This would be my first Poway contest, what should I expect?
Feb 11, 2020, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCube
Wind..
Oh and turbulance.....
And most importantly fun!

-matt

Ps. I went there on like my third month flying dlg,and only a handfull of weekends at that!, and boy the amount of stuff i learnd that weekend was amazing! I learned more that weekend alone then i have in the past year!! Granted the last year has been spent in a location that hates dlgs...

Pps. And with that in mind, happy 2 years of flying dlg, to me!!!
Last edited by sparrow1; Feb 11, 2020 at 11:24 PM.
Feb 11, 2020, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCube
A really fun time. Learning from others who you don't regularly fly with and against. Most of the top pilots will take time to answer your questions, you just gotta figure out what questions you want answered and grab them when they aren't in a big rush to do something, no different than seeking help at our local contests. Watching some of the world's best pilots making the same mistakes we make, just a lot fewer of them.
Feb 11, 2020, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_N
Watching some of the world's best pilots making the same mistakes we make, just a lot fewer of them.
Posted second after me, lol
and yes!
Poway will definatly humble even the best pilots!!
Feb 12, 2020, 02:05 PM
F3B and F3K
Booked my flights, see you guys end of April!

Looking forward to it.

Reto
Latest blog entry: thoughts on contest flying

Quick Reply