This thread is privately moderated by FLY F3B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 14, 2019, 05:33 PM
iVoid Warranties
Best Western is closest.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2019, 05:38 PM
BW is okay, but Ramada is cheaper...both on Poway Rd., Ramada is about plus 2miles to the field

Rollo
Nov 15, 2019, 08:07 AM
I really want to come.. It really depends on funds which I don't think that I will have, but I'm staying positive

Eitan.
Dec 29, 2019, 05:13 PM
Oleg Golovidov
I noticed that IHLGF-2020 is registered as a World Cup event.

Wondering how you guys are going to handle the issue of the FAi licenses.
USA pilots do not have (and will not want pay for) a FAI license.

Quote:
FAI-License und Jury
At all international competitions which are organized according to the FAI-rules each
competitor has to hold a valid FAI-license, this license has to be checked by the
organizer and the FAI-license numbers have to be part of the result list.
Dec 29, 2019, 06:26 PM
How much is a FAI license in the US? In Germany, it‘s roughly 10$...and you only need a license if you want to have a World Cup score. You can also participate with an AMA license only...
Dec 29, 2019, 07:30 PM
I'm not as bad as they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo340
How much is a FAI license in the US? In Germany, it‘s roughly 10$...and you only need a license if you want to have a World Cup score. You can also participate with an AMA license only...
$50 or $75, depending on how you obtain it.
Latest blog entry: AIrcraft I've built.
Dec 29, 2019, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnowell129
$50 or $75, depending on how you obtain it.
That‘s robbery 😐
Dec 29, 2019, 08:09 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Sure about that? AFAIK for World Cup events you need an FAI license to participate.

Quote:
C.6 FAI SPORTING LICENCE
Every competitor, team manager and assistant team manager entering an FAI event must possess a valid Sporting Licence of the FAI.
When specifically stated in the rules for a particular class, other participants such as helper, mechanic, caller must also possess a valid FAI Sporting Licence. They are exempt from the FAI regulations regarding “Change of Representation - First Category Events” (FAI Sporting Code General Section 3.1.3.6.4).
Doesn't affect me, I will have one anyway.
Dec 29, 2019, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
Sure about that? AFAIK for World Cup events you need an FAI license to participate.

Doesn't affect me, I will have one anyway.
Hmmm...sounds more like for big Championships. But let me check with Friedmar Richter, who’s organizing the World Cup events. Will post the reply asap...
Dec 29, 2019, 09:17 PM
I'll be there regardless to whoop some international @.$.$.
Dec 29, 2019, 09:30 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Hmmm...sounds more like for big Championships. But let me check with Friedmar Richter, who’s organizing the World Cup events. Will post the reply asap...
Will be interesting to hear what he says.

The section quoted above is from "SECTION C - CIAM GENERAL RULES FOR INTERNATIONAL EVENTS" in the CIAM General Rules.
A World cup is described as a "Second category event", but they make no distinction between category one or two events when describing the requirement to have a sporting license.
Jan 16, 2020, 12:34 AM
Charles Martin
Quote:
Roland,

What's the word?

Jan 16, 2020, 10:57 AM
I might come out to watch - ain't no way I'd compete, as I've only got my TopSky and still have yet to get it set up properly. But it'd be interesting to see the quality of world class pilots, and since Poway's only 20-ish minutes from where I live? I think I can plan for that one.
Jan 16, 2020, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianCharles
Roland,

What's the word?

Hey Charles,

we let the contest happen as always and Friedmar will pick the FAI guys out to make a prelim Ranking for the World Cup as we will carry the prelim scores into the Flyoff, which means it’s not conform with FAI rules...
Jan 20, 2020, 07:02 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Thread OP
Hello everyone,

We are gearing up here in San Diego. Look for a contest registration opening announcement in about a week.

We are looking forward to having you all here enjoy all that Poway has to offer.

Best wishes.

Mike Smith

Quick Reply