Jul 30, 2019, 07:48 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
New Product

HappyModel Larva X

Complete review is HERE

The LARVA-X is now available on Banggood (BG10New (10% OFF)) for 97$.

It is really a good quad if you are looking for indoor racing for this winter or a pocket drone for outdoor freestyle. It performs well, no washout at all, the props are ... [continue to read]

The main features for me are:
  • 97$
  • 2-3S support via the new crazybee f4 v3 pro
  • 100mm wheelbase for 50g (a frame of 2.5 mm ?)
  • HappyModel 1103 7000kv
  • Diamond VTX for 25/200mvw and direct record in the sdcard !
  • Runcam Nano 2 !
  • A tpu canopy with a nice look and enough space for the heat of the vtx
  • Less than 100$

Spare Parts
I like the specs, and I hope the crazybee board will handle so much power !

Flight video
HappyModel LARVAX outdoor (2 min 54 sec)

HappyModel LarvaX (3 min 27 sec)

Happymodel Larva X 100mm 2-3S Brushless FPV Racing Drone test video (3 min 37 sec)

LARVA X FREESTYLE // WAKE, BAKE & RIP (8 min 24 sec)

Reviews
HappyModel Larva X - Toothpick or No? (10 min 26 sec)
Last edited by MultirotorDrones; Sep 20, 2019 at 04:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2019, 02:10 PM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
You can read my review here
Last edited by MultirotorDrones; Sep 19, 2019 at 03:14 AM.
Jul 31, 2019, 01:11 AM
Drones + Cloud !
Thread OP
Available now on banggood https://banggood.app.link/RqPecPhrLY
Jul 31, 2019, 07:26 AM
interesting that the built in frsky rx version only supports d8. I wonder if they are stating this to prevent the dropout issue or if it really doesn't do d16.
Jul 31, 2019, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
interesting that the built in frsky rx version only supports d8. I wonder if they are stating this to prevent the dropout issue or if it really doesn't do d16.
My guess is the fist, saying it only support d8 cuts out the trouble for them explaining the dropouts, plus the not support eu-lbt on earlier betaflight versions..
Jul 31, 2019, 08:41 AM
so, does it qualify as a "toothpick"?
Jul 31, 2019, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupinix
My guess is the fist, saying it only support d8 cuts out the trouble for them explaining the dropouts, plus the not support eu-lbt on earlier betaflight versions..
I find it kind of interesting that there is the option of the built in "D8" Frsky receiver and an R-XSR. At least Happymodel is listening in some aspects to what their customers want. The V3 FC we will have to see if this finally addresses the 5v power issues.
Jul 31, 2019, 10:11 AM
Probably best to wait for the V3 frame. It is Happymodel afterall. You know the V1 frame is gonna break fairly quickly .

They seem to have gotten the motors right on this one (maybe still a little high Kv for 3S). Not sure about those props on an 1103 though.

Let us hope that board doesn't have the issues that the past versions had. Although, I have my doubts that piling all those components into one board (as small as it is) is really viable, at this point in time.

Good camera choice, gotta be better than the EOS2.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Jul 31, 2019 at 12:19 PM.
Jul 31, 2019, 10:57 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
frame looks really beefy. like maybe too beefy. guess we'll see for sure when people actually get a production run model in the wild.
Jul 31, 2019, 11:45 AM
Banggood site lists Flysky R-XSR receiver option, lol
Jul 31, 2019, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyair
Banggood site lists Flysky R-XSR receiver option, lol
Jul 31, 2019, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
frame looks really beefy. like maybe too beefy. guess we'll see for sure when people actually get a production run model in the wild.
It's 50 gram auw, so it is on the heavy side. Considering a 450 2s or 300 3s is usually just shy of 30 grams, that would be around 80 grams, which is kinda heavy for a toothpick
Jul 31, 2019, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupinix
It's 50 gram auw, so it is on the heavy side. Considering a 450 2s or 300 3s is usually just shy of 30 grams, that would be around 80 grams,
so just like what many of us have been flying for the last 2+ years.
what exactly makes it new? a different FC mounting pattern for fragile expensive AIO boards, and ?
Jul 31, 2019, 05:38 PM
BisDak2
I type larva on YouTube search and this is what I got

LARVA 2019 | The Best Funny cartoon 2019 HD ► The newest compilation 2019 #66 (27 min 46 sec)

It's nowhere near to above OP.
Aug 01, 2019, 02:29 AM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Xinte sent me a link to it on their QWinOut site yesterday, and just caught it. The AIOs with the built in receivers are just $95, and even with the Crossfire is $115 . . . Sailfly has a big brother now. That new "Diamond" . . . even though it's just a diamond . . . vTx with the DVR is pretty cheap too, and they did dump that garbage EOs for the Nano 2 . . .

And skrew Banggood . . . I'll NEVER buy from them again. Jerking me around for over a week of back and forth emails over a $4 screw up on their part sending pieces with SMA connectors when the description and pic and what I ordered showed the RP-SMA . . . they've replaced stuff that was worth 4 -5 times that the shipper lost with no hassle before . . . had read on a few threads lately their customer service was going downhill fast . . . sure proved those people right. Too many other places to buy from, and had probably bought a couple hundred worth of stuff from them over the past year . . . past is the key word now . . . I'm sure they don't care how much business they lose, but they ain't gettin any mo' of my money . . .

Quick Reply