Oct 13, 2019, 02:43 PM
electric fly
Watch the 2nd video in this thread, no issues with hand launching!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2019, 09:48 PM
electric fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech
Someone should tell the marketing folks to at least put the prop on the correct direction
A lot you know.
Oct 16, 2019, 09:03 AM
Pile-it
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerstick
A lot you know.
You cant tell the prop is on backwards?
Latest blog entry: Impulse - Wing build begins!
Oct 16, 2019, 02:55 PM
electric fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech
You cant tell the prop is on backwards?
Sorry, you are right, the prop is not mounted in the correct orientation.
Dec 07, 2019, 10:13 AM
I might buy one where u CG 4s 2200 to the front almost. Looks so good faster then stryler maybe bit evolution...
Feb 11, 2020, 09:35 PM
You can see in the video on fms website the guy launches it overhanded and gets cut on the side of his head....he's checking for blood!
FMS 850mm Flash High Speed (1 min 29 sec)
Feb 16, 2020, 03:55 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerMan4Life
You can see in the video on fms website the guy launches it overhanded and gets cut on the side of his head....he's checking for blood!https://youtu.be/e5jDaa0nn6s
At no time does the model come anywhere near the guys head. Watch the video at 25% speed if it helps. You sure you should be flying models with eyesight that far off the mark?
Feb 16, 2020, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
At no time does the model come anywhere near the guys head. Watch the video at 25% speed if it helps. You sure you should be flying models with eyesight that far off the mark?
The plane hit his head why else would he be checking his head and looking at his hand
Feb 29, 2020, 11:40 PM
They call me Lipo...
Quote:
You can see in the video on fms website the guy launches it overhanded and gets cut on the side of his head....he's checking for blood!https://youtu.be/e5jDaa0nn6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
Quote:
The plane hit his head why else would he be checking his head and looking at his hand
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to side with Cubcrazy on this one...

As he said, the model NEVER even gets near the guys head. I watched it several times at 25% speed...no blood...anywhere...
Jun 06, 2020, 06:12 AM

Wished I'd Seen The Alternative Launch Method

I'm not new to hand launch pushers, just new to hand launching with the prop on the very back of the RC. It got me good, missed the tendons and veins, but got me good none the less, 9 stitches good. I'm mostly healed up now, and sticking to gliders with the prop mid-body or on the nose. I might try the FMS Flash again, with the wing-hold launch method.

I watched this video as a reference on how to launch:
https://youtu.be/NZ0BkO2VN7w?t=125

Luckily for myself, I wasn't full throttle when I attempted to launch it. Caution, there is mild gore and a bit of appropriate profanity.
https://youtu.be/ZyOiYxobamo?t=12
Jul 24, 2020, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepcono
I'm not new to hand launch pushers, just new to hand launching with the prop on the very back of the RC. It got me good, missed the tendons and veins, but got me good none the less, 9 stitches good. I'm mostly healed up now, and sticking to gliders with the prop mid-body or on the nose. I might try the FMS Flash again, with the wing-hold launch method.

I watched this video as a reference on how to launch:

https://youtu.be/NZ0BkO2VN7w?t=125

Luckily for myself, I wasn't full throttle when I attempted to launch it. Caution, there is mild gore and a bit of appropriate profanity.

https://youtu.be/ZyOiYxobamo?t=12
Sorry for your cuts.... I've had 10+ launches on the Flash. Touch wood, no issues yet. The few things I found out...

1. Launch the plane with Heading hold on the gyro... If you have the reflex gyro installed. It will negate the torque roll that you often see. When it's up high you can switch to whatever mode your want to fly.

2. 40 to 50‰ power is more than enough. Launch at 20 to 30°.... You don't need 45°+ degree launches... That higher angle simply brings the props a lot closer to your hands...

3. Make sure you have a good grip of the plane after you apply power and before you launch. I normally power to 40% wait half a second to ensure I have firm grip, then launch. If I don't feel I have a firm grip... I back off...

4. Be standing on firm ground and solid stance.... Don't be too casual about the whole thing... That spinning prop is a spinning knife!

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
Apr 14, 2021, 12:57 PM
Hello guys, did you consider folding props on this model? If so, would you still be 7*5? :-)
May 08, 2022, 04:24 PM
Just ordered on of these. I'm not a fan of launching pusher props but plan on using the heading hold mode of the Reflex for launch and throwing it the wing tip.
Dec 14, 2022, 11:25 AM
Two Brothers Radio Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerobatic Addict
Just ordered on of these. I'm not a fan of launching pusher props but plan on using the heading hold mode of the Reflex for launch and throwing it the wing tip.
FPV Flight for Beginners - FMS Flash 850mm (9 min 8 sec)

What I did was easier - just hold it in front of the rudder from above and toss it gently at a quarter to half throttle, then slowly throttle up. It'll torque spin but no heading hold needed.
Dec 14, 2022, 04:10 PM
No head strike but the prop certainly got very close to the back of his hand.
Name: PropHandCut.jpg
Views: 18
Size: 110.5 KB
Description:
Launching a rear prop plane pointing upwards is a bad idea!
It should have been launched horizontally so his arm would naturally rotate down as he lets go.

Quick Reply