FMS Flash 850mm Pusher Jet

Check out this Pusher from FMS that is available for Pre-order right now. The FMS Flash features a powerful 3536-1750Kv brushless motor and 60A ESC power system swinging a 7x5 prop that pushes it to speeds up to 112MPH.

Splash

Sleek Looking Pusher from FMS

Check out this Pusher from FMS that is available for Pre-order right now. The FMS Flash features a powerful 3536-1750Kv brushless motor and 60A ESC power system swinging a 7x5 prop that pushes it to speeds up to 112MPH. It's FPV ready too if you are down for some high speed proximity flying or drag racing. Here's more info from Horizon:

For the pursuit of ultimate speed - introducing the FMS Flash!

Designed to minimize drag, the sleek and slender FMS Flash slips through the air like a bullet - reaching whopping speeds of up to 112 miles per hour (180km/h)! The reinforced fuselage and swept wings ensure maximum airframe rigidity even in extreme conditions.

Equipped with a FPV-ready canopy, you can easily install your favorite FPV gear to experience the speed firsthand. A specially designed handle grip and airframe skid under the fuselage ensures perfect hand-launch and belly landings every time.

If you have the need for speed, your search is over! The 850mm FMS Flash is your ultimate speed machine.

Needed to Complete:

• 4+ Channel Radio Transmitter and Receiver
  • 4+ Cell 2200mAh 35C LiPo Battery
  • Appropriate Balancing LiPo Charger

What's in the Box:

• (1) FMS Flash 850mm PNP with:
  • (4) 9g Analog Metal Servos (installed)
  • (1) FMS 60A ESC (installed)
  • (1) FMS 3536-1750Kv Brushless Motor (installed)
  • (1) Product Manual

Check out the FMS Flash 850mm Pusher Jet Here

Jul 29, 2019, 04:42 PM

Oh boys....
This is really nice but...
With 7x5 prop pusher and without launching
Properly, some will get hurt. Unless, launching it
Without power and into the wind.

Or better yet bungeeing it .

Jul 29, 2019, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011

Oh boys....
This is really nice but...
With 7x5 prop pusher and without launching
Properly, some will get hurt. Unless, launching it
Without power and into the wind.

Or better yet bungeeing it .

You have an interesting point.
Jul 29, 2019, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtipilot

I have flown pusher jets for some 5 years.
And seen flyers' fingers get hurt badly
With pusher like that. I have never used
Any pusher prop bigger than 5 inch to
Avoid accidents.
Quite shock seeing 7x5 prop pusher. :-(

Nowadays, I fly ducted fan to avoid that. :-)

Jul 29, 2019, 09:06 PM
I bought this and your observations are correct, hand launching this I have a huge concern the prop will hit your hand, even at a high angle to get the flash into the air there is a increased risk of hitting the prop with your hand or arm, I hate to say it but if that happens it will slice your skin open.
Jul 30, 2019, 12:07 AM
"Bible Thumper"
I have a scar and still a slight nerve tingle from a Wattage Mirage and apc prop, but continued and got into epoxy coating foamies and installing AME .061 and AP .15 glow engines on some. I like this pusher!
Jul 30, 2019, 07:45 AM
AA6JB
Quote:
Avoid accidents.

So, Tomcee (foamcrazee, fieryphoenix, tweeter1, foamjet, did I miss any of your other previously banned accounts?) ... it sounds as if you are saying that you really have no interest in this model then? Sooo, why are you here posting up negative remarks in your always unique RC haiku style of posting? Just wondering.

Improperly hand-launch ANY pusher prop powered plane, no matter the size of the prop ... and you will get hurt. Period. I have been flying pusher prop powered models my entire RC career (35+ years) and have not been cut or hurt yet. The "follow-through" has always been critically important on pusher prop powered models. Or, you keep the power off and wait until after the model is out of your hand before applying the power. Myself and another pilot at the local club have both hand-launched this model with no problem. With the power on. So this one is really no different than the rest. It is probably not a beginner level model or a good model for any pilot new to hand launching pusher prop powered models to start with. But intermediate level pilots who know how to hand launch pusher prop powered models should be fine. This hobby, with it's abundance of spinning, razor sharp props, has plenty of potential to punish those who are careless or lax in their approach to safety. If you are not currently "into" this genre of model, then why are you even posting here about it? So IMO there is really no need to sensationalize about this particular model or try and create negative hype (But then I guess that is what folks do in the online media nowadays. ). Your post really only serves to try and derail Jason's new product thread!

This pilot had no problems ... launches it conventionally and in an alternate style of release to keep his hand out of the prop arc.

FMS 850mm Flash High Speed (1 min 29 sec)

More conventional hand tossing ...

2018 05 06 FMS Flash 閃光 4s 後推競速機 (2 min 38 sec)

FMS also currently has another video on their FB page showing a conventional overhand launch with the power on.
Last edited by Bajora; Jul 30, 2019 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Added videos and link
Jul 30, 2019, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMTJIM
I have a scar and still a slight nerve tingle from a Wattage Mirage and apc prop, but continued and got into epoxy coating foamies and installing AME .061 and AP .15 glow engines on some. I like this pusher!

The good thing about pusher jet is it is much
More efficient than ducted fan jet. I still have
That mirage like you. I use APC 4x3 prop for safety. It is Very light , very good as Park flyer

After master the launching,
The Flash is a great flyer indeed.

Last edited by flylow2011; Jul 30, 2019 at 02:42 PM.
Aug 03, 2019, 05:29 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Looks pretty sweet wing launch or hand on the top of the fuselage will save your fingers.
Aug 04, 2019, 05:21 PM
Pile-it
Someone should tell the marketing folks to at least put the prop on the correct direction
Aug 04, 2019, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech
Someone should tell the marketing folks to at least put the prop on the correct direction
lol, Good eye
Sep 28, 2019, 09:11 PM
The model aviation magazine had a typo in by fms ad- it says top speed on page 63 October 2019 to be 180mph not kph!! Lies !!!
Sep 30, 2019, 12:23 PM
Good looking plane. 3536 1750kv motor? Definitely going to run 5s with an ESC upgrade. Maybe 6s with smaller prop? 6"-6.5", 80A esc? Make it a real space rocket!
Oct 13, 2019, 02:39 PM
electric fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtipilot
Been flying mine for weeks now.
No issues with hand launch!
1/2 throttle, nice throw and follow thru with your hand moving downward to the Tx after the launch.
Great flying plane.
Oct 13, 2019, 02:41 PM
electric fly
Quote:
Avoid accidents.

This plane will eat foam EDF’s for lunch!!

Quick Reply