Sep 12, 2019, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
My current X9D+ is running out of storage space for new models long before 60 slots are used. Does the new model have more space so I can actually use all 60 slots?
Frsky specifically states "The upgraded MCU is used in conjunction with a re-designed mainboard that further increases the computing capability and increases the data storage." ????

I asked a similar question earlier in this thread

So yes it has increased storage, but it's also a secret I guess???
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2019, 06:08 PM
Don't hate bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurtis2
Frsky specifically states "The upgraded MCU is used in conjunction with a re-designed mainboard that further increases the computing capability and increases the data storage." ????

I asked a similar question earlier in this thread

So yes it has increased storage, but it's also a secret I guess???
I asked in that thread also about 19 posts before yours, post #26, but I don't recall it ever being answered. I'd buy one now if I knew for sure it would hold all 60 models, but I have no idea what any of the technical numbers mean or how they translate to how many models I'll be able to program. It's sad that my *gasp* DX6 can have 250 models and model names like 30 characters long, yet the most powerful transmitter (because of OpenTx) runs out at about 35 or so models.
Sep 12, 2019, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
I asked in that thread also about 19 posts before yours, post #26, but I don't recall it ever being answered. I'd buy one now if I knew for sure it would hold all 60 models, but I have no idea what any of the technical numbers mean or how they translate to how many models I'll be able to program. It's sad that my *gasp* DX6 can have 250 models and model names like 30 characters long, yet the most powerful transmitter (because of OpenTx) runs out at about 35 or so models.
I also have the same problem and have broken them down into a "Planes_Only.bin" and a "Quads_Only.bin"
When I load the combined "All_Models.bin" I get a low memory warning ? I don't fly with this one loaded.

Maybe someone can check there new X9D+ 2019 and post how much memory is available before loading there models?

******* Edit: The Secret is out !!!
Just checked the OpenTX website Radios Tab and it is now posted and listed to have Ram 192K
vs the older X9D+ is listed as RAM 128K.
That is an increase of 64K ( so more is better you decide )
Last edited by mrcurtis2; Sep 12, 2019 at 06:58 PM. Reason: I found the actual memory specification
Sep 13, 2019, 01:53 AM
Happy FPV flyer
X9D+ 2019 has the same 32K model storage size as previous ones.
Sep 13, 2019, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
X9D+ 2019 has the same 32K model storage size as previous ones.

Thanks for that information.

So the answer is X9D+ 2019 will have the same model memory space available as the earlier X9d+ models.
Sixty models would be achievable as long as each model memory usage is kept in approx. the 500 byte range.
Unfortunately to use the capability of OpenTX a lot of my models use close to or over 1000 bytes.

Specifications state: "The upgrades not only improve the running of LUA scripts, it also optimizes overall performance like voice speech outputs."
Are the lua scripts able to run outside of this 32K area ? or does unused model memory become available to lua ?
As currently removing models to gain memory allows the larger scripts to run without error.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this matter - Rich
Sep 13, 2019, 08:41 AM
in awe of glide...
The x9d+ access 2019 specs list:

Model memories: 60 models (expandable by Micro SD card)

Is that unique to the new x9d?
Is the sd card storage easily accessable for model memory?
Sep 13, 2019, 09:37 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkerik
The x9d+ access 2019 specs list:

Model memories: 60 models (expandable by Micro SD card)

Is that unique to the new x9d?
Is the sd card storage easily accessable for model memory?
No, it's the same since 2013, you can backup models to / restore from card. OR save the entire memory to card, and load another set. Hasn't changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurtis2
Specifications state: "The upgrades not only improve the running of LUA scripts, it also optimizes overall performance like voice speech outputs."
Are the lua scripts able to run outside of this 32K area ? or does unused model memory become available to lua ?
Both are completely separate. Model memory (EEPROM) is used to store models and settings only. What Lua uses is RAM, and there is more of that on the 2019 model.
Sep 13, 2019, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Both are completely separate. Model memory (EEPROM) is used to store models and settings only. What Lua uses is RAM, and there is more of that on the 2019 model.
Great information!
Thanks for clearing that up - Rich
Sep 17, 2019, 10:09 PM
Is the INFINITY LI-ION 3S 3000MAH a good battery to use with the built-in charging system?
Sep 17, 2019, 11:33 PM
FrSky-MKT
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by downloader9
Is the INFINITY LI-ION 3S 3000MAH a good battery to use with the built-in charging system?
Both TARANIS X9DP 2019 versions support 2S Li-battery balancing charging function, so we suggest you use the 2S battery.
Sep 18, 2019, 12:42 AM
Does 2019 support 3S without using charging function?
Sep 18, 2019, 01:40 AM
Ups, I don't saw it was 3s.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:18 PM
in awe of glide...
The specifications state:
6.5-8.4 Volts

https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-taranis-plus-1.html
Sep 19, 2019, 12:27 AM
RC Hobby Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkerik
The specifications state:
6.5-8.4 Volts

https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-taranis-plus-1.html
I just don't understand why they made that choice. The new R9M module can even handle 3S voltage with the internal and external power BUT the new Taranis are limited to 2S voltage. That doesn't make any sense.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Sep 19, 2019, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmennewstyle
I just don't understand why they made that choice. The new R9M module can even handle 3S voltage with the internal and external power BUT the new Taranis are limited to 2S voltage. That doesn't make any sense.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electr...c_interference

Quick Reply