Oct 21, 2019, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1969
I tried that and the error said that there are no sound files on the sdcard

When I long press the menu button and scroll to the sdcard and to sounds I can play the wav files.
Sound files are probably in a directory the radio is not expecting....
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2019, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez
Sound files are probably in a directory the radio is not expecting....
I didnít change the file setting just downloaded the sdcard file extracted it and copied it to the sdcard. Only removed the languages that I donít need.
Oct 21, 2019, 04:16 PM
2.1.9 Forever
Hang on, doing some experimenting...

Okay, here's an idea: Check the Country Code and Voice Language settings.
Last edited by Miami Mike; Oct 21, 2019 at 04:27 PM.
Oct 21, 2019, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1969
I didnít change the file setting just downloaded the sdcard file extracted it and copied it to the sdcard. Only removed the languages that I donít need.
Make sure all of the folders are in the root directory. If you extract directly to the SD card, it might have put all of the files in a folder it created while extracting.
Oct 22, 2019, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Mike
Hang on, doing some experimenting...

Okay, here's an idea: Check the Country Code and Voice Language settings.
Yep changed dutch in to english and my problem was solved, thx Mike.
Oct 22, 2019, 02:16 PM
Hello!

Now I use FlySky TH-9X with FrSky XJT module and V8FR-II receivers, but this radio is very primitive, so I want to buy Taranis X9D+ 2019. But I don't understand, does it work with D8 receivers if I'll use external XJT? Or I should buy a new D16/ACCESS receiver?

Thank you in advance!
Oct 22, 2019, 02:21 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvz
Hello!

Now I use FlySky TH-9X with FrSky XJT module and V8FR-II receivers, but this radio is very primitive, so I want to buy Taranis X9D+ 2019. But I don't understand, does it work with D8 receivers if I'll use external XJT? Or I should buy a new D16/ACCESS receiver?

Thank you in advance!
It will work with D8 receivers if you use an external XJT.

That said, if you want to take advantage of the full capability of the new radio you will want to buy new receivers that can run ACCESS firmware.

There's no reason to abandon your old ones, as you can just use them with your current XJT, you won't even need to rebind and you will get more capability out of that XJT on the X9D+ 2019 than you do on the 9X.
Oct 22, 2019, 03:05 PM
Thank you very much! It is really good news for me. I think I'll anyway buy ACCESS receivers, but a little later.
Oct 27, 2019, 10:51 AM
May I add, I've been a long time Spektrum flyer but I have the 2019 SE version in Carbon effect on my desk as I type, I just sold my standard 2019 version to get the SE.

Very happy with the quality, super nice radio. I'd even go as far as to say that softer sounding and feeling "click' of the switches on the SE version are a little similar to the first version DX18 I had. If you can, I'd just get the 2019 SE version with the M9 gimbals and the soft case ready included, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Oct 27, 2019, 12:17 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
I don't like the removable antenna - just another thing that can fail.
Oct 27, 2019, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
I don't like the removable antenna - just another thing that can fail.
Donít need to remove it ... 😉
Oct 27, 2019, 03:21 PM
Fly Planes, Be Happy 😜
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez
Donít need to remove it ... 😉
I'll have to make you aware that I do not fully understand the internal workings of the connector as to which parts move or not, but I fear something inside there wearing out or becoming broken when I move the antenna from pointing sideways to up and back. Am I paranoid for no reason?
Oct 27, 2019, 03:39 PM
Quote:
I'll have to make you aware that I do not fully understand the internal workings of the connector as to which parts move or not, but I fear something inside there wearing out or becoming broken when I move the antenna from pointing sideways to up and back. Am I paranoid for no reason?
I am by no means an expert but I donít think that swiveling the antenna has any effect in the connector..... that said , repeatedly removing the antenna can damage the pin inside the antenna as you insert it into the mating connector inside the radio ....

So, by leaving the antenna in place you reduce the chances of damage and/or resulting wear and tear over time .

And yes , IMO, you are being needlessly paranoid ...... 😉
Oct 27, 2019, 06:05 PM
Quote:
No different than moving the antenna from sideways to up on the standard version?
Oct 27, 2019, 08:17 PM

Stick calibration problem

I have just calibrated my sticks and switches on the X9D Plus SE 2019 following the same procedure as I use on the standard X9D. Now my throttle stick is at throttle centre and I get throttle warning when first switching on. Numerous attempts at recalibration have not worked. I have tested this on a tethered EP model the instant I 'Arm' the motor it runs at half throttle and will not come back to idle or off. Anyone with any suggestions other than a full rest to factory specifications?

Quick Reply