This thread is privately moderated by chapimp, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 28, 2019, 03:18 PM
Trader Rating: 26
Thread OP
Free
Buyer pays shipping
Sold

Need help on selling a total collection of planes and other RC related stuff?

UPDATE 9-5-19

We'll be having our last sale this Sunday 9-8-19 9:30 to 1:30 pm

Everything is now half price from the starting price, So prices you see on pics, is half of that.

The balsa kits must also go so they will be reduced to sell.

Price List

$99 $50 Helis (Tacon) price is for each heli (1 of 3 sold)
$60 $25 Auto-G (New)
$50 $25 Delta Rocket Red-Blue kit
$75 $35 Edge 540 Red/Yello/Blue/white
$25 $15 E-AERO FLY NOW 1200 EPP KIT
$99 $45 Flyjet X-83 White/Red RTF
$20 $10 EZ-400 ( parts in box) extra wheels-motor)
$30 $15 Fun Force. Zero Kit. Green/red dot
$25 $13 Glexaco Kit
$15 $8 Graupner Mini Piper
$40 $20 Lighthin Bug Kit (New)
$20 $10 Merlin UltralightRC White Stik
$25 $13 Millennium RC Micro-SS (New).
$30 $15 Multiplex MiniMag kit (frame- esc- motor-servos)
$25 $12 Pico Indoor Stik Red
$30 $15 Pop Flyer Gee Bee kit
$30 $15 Pop Flyer Pitts kit
$40 $20 Skyfun Delta White/Orange (kit + esc/motors/props)
$60 $30 SR Falcon Carl Goldberg (New)
$10 $5 Super Cub Floats
$30 $15 Yak 55 3D. Kit
$35 $15 Yard Stik Red

I've been in the RC world for a while, and I've bought several RC planes and quadcopters. My uncle passed away and he is the one that got me into the RC hobby. He has a large collection of planes, quadcopters, and other RC related items. I was asked to help on the selling but it would be a lot of work to go plane by plane. Instead, I posted several pics and maybe you guys can tell me roughly how much is invested. I want to give the seller a good deal, but at the same time, I don't want to just give it away. My Aunt wants to sell everything as a package, due to lack of time. If there are people seriously interested, I could maybe get a full detailed list.. . After proof reading this post, it sounds like one of those scams, lol, but with the difference that this is real.
Last edited by chapimp; Sep 05, 2019 at 09:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2019, 03:33 PM
Trader Rating: 362
Contact member EpoxyEarl believe he is in MD also and does do buyouts like this for resale.If I was closer I would take this lot.be prepared to get around 20 to 25 cents on the dollar of the original retail price.
Latest blog entry: New FAA Rules
Jul 28, 2019, 03:37 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for your input sagomon. There's actually so much stuff in there. It gets overwhelming since I only own like 2 or 3 planes.
Jul 28, 2019, 03:38 PM
Trader Rating: 362
I sent a pm to Earl so he may contact you.John
Latest blog entry: New FAA Rules
Jul 28, 2019, 03:45 PM
Trader Rating: 103
better visit the field ur uncle used to fly or any local field and sell it from there. u have a lot of stuff that is mixed in . difficult to set fair price like that. good luck
Jul 28, 2019, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for your help.
Jul 28, 2019, 03:49 PM
Thread OP
Bigtruck169: that would've been the best way to go about, but my Aunt left everything for the last moment.
Jul 28, 2019, 06:19 PM
Trader Rating: 28
Like the other guy said sell them at the flying field because if you try to sell the lot to these guys on here your more likely to get 5-10 cents on the dollar and YOU will get scammed
Jul 28, 2019, 10:03 PM
Trader Rating: 204
AMA 72859
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtruck169
better visit the field ur uncle used to fly or any local field and sell it from there. u have a lot of stuff that is mixed in . difficult to set fair price like that. good luck
Be careful with that advice. I've seen more than a few "club members" tell the poor widow that his stuff is worth nothing and steal it for pennies on the dollar.
Jul 28, 2019, 10:17 PM
Trader Rating: 28
Guess you have to decide let the club members steal it or let these guys on here steal it
Jul 28, 2019, 10:50 PM
Thread OP
The thing is that the club he used to fly got closed down, so everyone went to different clubs. I mostly know drone guys, and you know plane guys don't like drone guys sometimes. I don't know why. We're all like a big family .
Jul 28, 2019, 10:54 PM
Thread OP
Sadly we value material things so much, sometimes more than family moments .
Then suddenly we're not here and our things get tossed around like worthless material.
Jul 28, 2019, 11:03 PM
Trader Rating: 204
AMA 72859
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapimp
The thing is that the club he used to fly got closed down, so everyone went to different clubs. I mostly know drone guys, and you know plane guys don't like drone guys sometimes. I don't know why. We're all like a big family .
I think what has caused the animosity is that "plane guys" have been in existence for many decades before "drone guys"... and us "plane guys" have suffered the consequence of FAA restrictions because of the irresponsible behavior of the oblivious "drone guys" who chose to fly, or should I say "operate" their drones over restricted airspace such as Liberty State Park and strike a Blackhawk!
Jul 28, 2019, 11:08 PM
Trader Rating: 650
Place a Craigslist add for the whole lot and let so one just come get it all.
If I was closer I would come get it but to far to drive.
Yes Craigslist is kinda a joke but at least it’s free and maybe someone in your area that your uncle used to fly with might see it and help you get the stuff sold.
Worth a try.
Jul 28, 2019, 11:16 PM
Thread OP
I don't want this thread to be offensive or negative in any way to any drone or plane guys. This is how we refer to each other in the fields but with respect. It is true that because of some idiots we are paying the consequences. It is becoming harder every day for us to fly. So many rules and restrictions.

I will try CL and maybe Facebook too. Thanks for the idea.

Quick Reply