Jul 29, 2019, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lownoise
I posted it in the FlexRC Thread, but here it is also right:

Here is my Slim X3
72g without battery, w/ 2S 350 mAh under 100g AUW!
Flies great, BF 4.0.4, no tuning necessary, tested stock and community preset, no big difference.
Of course it's not for the highest speed, but acceleration is very good caused by the light weight, and the copter is very silent, my best 3" ever

1106 6500 kv Motors from Eachine Lizard 95
ESC HKRC 4x15A DShot 600
Noxe F4 FC
XM+
Caddx Turbo EOS2 1200TVL (too small or frame too wide ; )
Eachine VTx03
Gemfan 3025 PC

You sure those are lizard 95 motors. Mine were my Lizard 95 had 1104 6000kv. The 1106's would be a big difference.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2019, 06:55 AM
Another option for 1404 motor. Looks slick.

https://flywoo.net/collections/motor...28894890917940

Checking the parameters with 3" props, the 4850kv will need some throttle cut when used with the 12A board.

I'm getting a set to use with my incoming Speed Racer Twig frame.
Last edited by jasperfpv; Jul 30, 2019 at 09:25 AM.
Jul 30, 2019, 09:03 AM
Thread OP
Should I put together a list of untested motors also? I want to ensure that everything that is on the 3" safe list has been tested and verified not to burn peoples parts out 100% but there are a lot of interesting potential options out there too.

RCinpower 1207 motors are on sale at banggood right now for 40 bucks a set - https://www.banggood.com/RCINPOWER-G...r_warehouse=CN - Im waiting to test before I endorse them but on paper they sound insane on 3s.
Last edited by Alwaysbless; Jul 30, 2019 at 09:09 AM.
Jul 30, 2019, 02:39 PM
typo failure these are 1104, sorry, yes are the Lizards one. (i confused with my sunnysky 1106 sry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer
You sure those are lizard 95 motors. Mine were my Lizard 95 had 1104 6000kv. The 1106's would be a big difference.
Also interesting i think: a 120 mm M2M up to 3"
https://flexrc.com/product/simple-x-120-frame/
compatible w/ betaFPV Canopy, there are some at thingiverse
Aug 01, 2019, 09:19 AM
Here's a new BNF from Iflight.
Like the frame and the colorful canopy with antenna tube mount.

65g with 1104 4200kv motors.

https://www.iflight-rc.com/index.php...product_id=953
Last edited by jasperfpv; Aug 01, 2019 at 10:00 AM.
Aug 01, 2019, 09:35 AM
Thread OP
Finally a decent 16x16 frame with a proper canopy. I hope they sell it stand alone.
Aug 01, 2019, 09:42 AM
I like the 1104's on my 2" Primo but I will say based on my limited front yard flying space 1102's or smaller are probably better suited.
Aug 01, 2019, 10:01 AM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperfpv
Here's a new BNF from Iflight.
Like the frame and the colorful canopy.

65g with 1104 4200kv motors.

https://www.iflight-rc.com/index.php...product_id=953
hey, somebody finally figured out that having plugs sticking out the top or side wasn't smart!

interesting looking quad.

also what are the ones without the crossbar? bottom and right in pic. wonder how much less they weigh?

Aug 01, 2019, 04:14 PM
monkeymagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
hey, somebody finally figured out that having plugs sticking out the top or side wasn't smart!

interesting looking quad.

also what are the ones without the crossbar? bottom and right in pic. wonder how much less they weigh?

It's the turbobee 120RS with the new canopy. Fits 65mm props maximum whereas the 136RS takes a full 3 inch. Pretty handy price on the 136RS - $109 without a receiver.

1104 4200kc on the 3x2 should be very efficient on 3s, even on 4s it's a nice low kv for a change
Aug 01, 2019, 07:08 PM
Makerfire has the Turbobee 136RS for the same price with free shipping using slow regular parcel.

You can get 5% off with code Aug5

Add a few batteries with $150 spend, you can get 15% off with the coupon code below. (aug15)

I bought one to go with my diy Sanchez.
Aug 05, 2019, 09:30 AM
my 3" Sanchez is jinxed. I've had it built now for several weeks and only able to fly it LOS. First had issues with the Eachine Nano VTX apparently the pads have cold solder joints so my first FPV flight didn't go as planned as I had no video to the goggles. But LOS flying / punchouts / flips rolls was incredible. It turned out that I had colder solder joint.

On my second attempt a week later or so, was out in the field with a new flying buddy and I was just about to take off when it started raining. So I packed up all my gear and took everything back to the car. About 20 minutes later I'm about ready to go back out and I realized that I didn't disconnect my battery from my Sanchez :-( so you can imagine what happened. The VTX out put at 200mw for 20 minutes. NOT GOOD! ! ! ! I'm very lucky it didnt catch my car on fire. The canopy was so hot and soft you couldnt touch it for more than a few seconds.

VTX got so hot it literally melted the TPU mount that was mounted on to it and damaged the FC. VTX got so hot that it burned out the power wire from the FC. I guess that was a blessing in disguise. Unfortunately I burned out one the ESC's on motor 4 so it's back on the bench awaiting another FC :-(.

It looks so promising thought . If you guys are looking for the ultimate 3" check out dave_C the creator of the Sanchez 3" frame it looks like he's got all the issues ironed out as far as power setup / props / batt's etc... Now his setup is for racing but this little guy is so versitle I'm sure it could also be used for freestyle or just horsing around the park.

More info: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3647138

The good and not so good is you have to find someone to cut you the frame. I used CNC Madness out of Canada and Phoenix3D to print the Canopy. Then you have to source some 2mm bolts and nuts for mounting. (Ebay) It's worth the effort if your looking for that Unicorn / Holy Grail. If you wanted to go with a lighter not as powerful build I'm sure you could use some 1106's 1108's but since this is more of a racing setup he recomends 130x-1404's 5000-6000kv on 3s 650 packs.
Aug 05, 2019, 12:16 PM
Thread OP
The 2 sanchez frames Ive had cut both exhibit failures in the same area that eventually lead to cracking. First the motor through holes start to chip away like the top layer of the CF cant handle the pressure of the metal bolt sandwiching it with the bottom of the motor. Once that little chip starts it eventually turns into a crack. I think the CF is either cut poorly, is cheap quality or maybe the frame is too thin to handle the pressure. Im not sure but ive destroyed 1 frame and the 2nd is already chipping in the same way that the first started.
Aug 05, 2019, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbless
The 2 sanchez frames Ive had cut both exhibit failures in the same area that eventually lead to cracking. First the motor through holes start to chip away like the top layer of the CF cant handle the pressure of the metal bolt sandwiching it with the bottom of the motor. Once that little chip starts it eventually turns into a crack. I think the CF is either cut poorly, is cheap quality or maybe the frame is too thin to handle the pressure. Im not sure but ive destroyed 1 frame and the 2nd is already chipping in the same way that the first started.
Ah nice to know. Who cut the frame for you? What are you using now instead of the Sanchez?
Aug 06, 2019, 06:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer
Ah nice to know. Who cut the frame for you? What are you using now instead of the Sanchez?
CNC Madness. I still have 1 of the frames so well see how long it lasts. Im not sure if I will get more cut in a different weave or try increasing the thickness. I probably will it just is a pain in the ass.
Aug 06, 2019, 08:45 AM
Yes I had them cut me 2 frames as well I have the 2.5mm and 3mm If I remember correctly. I have the ones where it accommodates the regular AIO and 20x20 boards. Did you see the new canopy for the Sanchez by Dave_C? I cant find it but it looks really cool. I wish he'd post it. That GateKeeper canopy doesn't have enough venting for cooling. My VTX gets pretty toasty in there.

Quick Reply