Aug 19, 2019, 07:27 PM
Installed mine on the F35 V3 inrunner. Straightforward process and sits nice and secure with the included cable tie. Controller board is tiny and disappears under the tray and the wires seemed the perfect length - not too long, not too short.

The light is BRIGHT.

I've ordered a second one for another plane - if you're in Australia these arrive within about a week of placing your order.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 10:28 PM
Bomber Bob
I am not a big EDF guy, but I recently ordered the Avios MiG-17... mainly because I saw these MiGs flying at my field with the Lightburner and they looked absolutely amazing!

Bob
Last edited by borntoolate; Aug 23, 2019 at 01:22 PM.
Aug 23, 2019, 07:37 AM
AA6JB
September 2019 Model Aviation Magazine:

EDIT: Removed reference to Rays competitive product at request of Ran
Last edited by Bajora; Aug 23, 2019 at 10:32 AM.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:05 AM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
September 2019 Model Aviation Magazine:

EDIT: Removed reference to Rays competitive product at request of Ran
Such a nice guy!
Aug 24, 2019, 01:42 AM

Look like the AB is attached to the back of
The motor....
Is this AB for inrunner or out runner motor?
What size of the motor???

Aug 24, 2019, 10:32 AM
The Lightburner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011

Look like the AB is attached to the back of
The motor....
Is this AB for inrunner or out runner motor?
What size of the motor???

I have adapters for almost any fan units in the market today; inrunners and outrunners
Aug 26, 2019, 08:27 PM
the F22 photo looks like the real thing! Great review Nik!

Tristen
Aug 27, 2019, 12:21 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Thread OP
Thanks bud!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Aug 31, 2019, 02:30 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Awesome job! Love that a single edf setup can provide burner light to bifurcated exhausts...Pure Genius!!!
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
Sep 12, 2019, 02:28 AM
the Freewing F4 90MM is a duo or single LED? I got the one for my Avios Mig and is fantastic.
Sep 12, 2019, 11:19 AM
The Lightburner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxun
the Freewing F4 90MM is a duo or single LED? I got the one for my Avios Mig and is fantastic.
Thank you Maxun!
The dual LED setup works best on the Freewing F-4.
Sep 16, 2019, 04:07 PM
The pictures look great!...Did any of you line the exhaust ducting with aluminum foil tape?...Reason for asking is I’m trying to get an idea of what to expect when I install the unit in my 90mm Freewing F-4....

Another question—My large HSD F-16 has an afterburner ring already installed in the tail cone and has it’s own control board...Can I just connect your Lightburner with a Y connector to run with the stock afterburner ring?...If necessary I can take voltage readings from the output of the AB ring controller to make sure that my AB controller won’t over voltage your unit ...

Kevin
Sep 19, 2019, 01:08 PM
The Lightburner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
The pictures look great!...Did any of you line the exhaust ducting with aluminum foil tape?...Reason for asking is I’m trying to get an idea of what to expect when I install the unit in my 90mm Freewing F-4....
Hi Kevin,
I typically use aluminum foil for models with a simple tailpipe design (ones like the F-16 or the Mig-17) since it's easier to lay the foil. I use 3M contact spray to secure it to place. For models with more advanced tailpipe shapes, I use a different technique; I seal the foam with a couple of layers of polycrylic glossy spray (or any other water-based glossy lacquer) and finish it with a few layers of rustoleum chrome mirror effect spray paint - the finish product is as good as laying aluminum foil.

Quote:
Another question—My large HSD F-16 has an afterburner ring already installed in the tail cone and has it’s own control board...Can I just connect your Lightburner with a Y connector to run with the stock afterburner ring?...If necessary I can take voltage readings from the output of the AB ring controller to make sure that my AB controller won’t over voltage your unit ...

Kevin
Yes, those two can coexist, just use a y-harness connected to the throttle channel to control the Lightburner.
Oct 04, 2019, 07:43 PM
Wheels make the world go-round
Great looking design on these.
Last edited by T-CAT; Oct 04, 2019 at 08:27 PM.
Oct 04, 2019, 08:57 PM
I ordered one yesterday for a FW F18. Run another brand on my F22 and really like the results. I lined the 22 with foil and it has held up well for 40 or so flights. This two layer paint process sounds like a better way to go and I'm going to try it on the 18.

John

Quick Reply