Oct 19, 2019, 03:44 PM
openrc*****s *****
Well... My experience is that the mfd crossbow hardware is fantastic.

Pity it is impossible to get it to work with crossfire via mavlink, and so fussy with camera specs that vbi link on telefly OSD does not work with runcam swift, or eagle...

So... Problem solved.

Swap the internals.

By some small miracle, the Arkbird mini 5. 8 tracker pcb fits inside the same physical space of the mfd crossbow

Initial tests show the Arkbird happily drives the mfd servos...

This week I will be designing an new face place for the archer... Essentially making a mfd/Arkbird hybrid.

Result!

Full details of this project and final print files will end up here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpU...aG1neZn9IHbvUg

So if interested.. Subscribe and await the build log!

Rob
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2019, 04:08 PM
What kind of motor is used for PAN?
Any chance you can make photos of original electronics?
Thank you!
Oct 22, 2019, 05:34 PM
KNUCKLEUPFPV
The mfd crossbow mini works with crossfire. Connect bluetooth to pin 1 of right connector. Had to add the wire myself. Bind the hc05 to crossfire with baudrate at 57600 and set tracker baud to 57600. I split the pin4 ground between bluetooth ground, and bec ground thats powering the bluetooth. Crossfire works in mav emu and mavlink. You can set crossfire to force 50hz mode and it still works. Vbi v2. Thats all it takes. Took me less than an hour from opening it to having it tracking from crossfire. Adding the extra wire is a bit of a pain. Have to bend back the little fingers that hold the cable. Then completely unscrew it to get down to the plug. Dlink is 100% . Tracker was smooth moving. Setup a 1.3 to 5.8 relay for a friend. Boxed it up and mailed it back to him. Helped a second friend get his connected. If you are on face book. Join our mfd crossbow mini tracker group. Its easier to help there than having to come back here. If you dont have Face book, I'm happy to help here when I can.
Oct 26, 2019, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKillR
The mfd crossbow mini works with crossfire. Connect bluetooth to pin 1 of right connector. Had to add the wire myself. Bind the hc05 to crossfire with baudrate at 57600 and set tracker baud to 57600. I split the pin4 ground between bluetooth ground, and bec ground thats powering the bluetooth. Crossfire works in mav emu and mavlink. You can set crossfire to force 50hz mode and it still works. Vbi v2. Thats all it takes. Took me less than an hour from opening it to having it tracking from crossfire. Adding the extra wire is a bit of a pain. Have to bend back the little fingers that hold the cable. Then completely unscrew it to get down to the plug. Dlink is 100% . Tracker was smooth moving. Setup a 1.3 to 5.8 relay for a friend. Boxed it up and mailed it back to him. Helped a second friend get his connected. If you are on face book. Join our mfd crossbow mini tracker group. Its easier to help there than having to come back here. If you dont have Face book, I'm happy to help here when I can.
I'm building U360GTS but If it can be done in 1 hour you got me. Please, show us there test flight.

Sent from my SM-N950N using Tapatalk
Oct 26, 2019, 06:57 AM
Mini Crossbow with 1.2g System.
Oct 26, 2019, 03:42 PM
KNUCKLEUPFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket
I'm building U360GTS but If it can be done in 1 hour you got me. Please, show us there test flight.

Sent from my SM-N950N using Tapatalk
If you want test flight you will have to hit up Joshua Kidder on face book. It was his that I setup and mailed back to him.
Oct 27, 2019, 12:16 PM
I ordered my Tracker from MFD on Monday, and I got here in Canada on Friday. Shipping was crazy fast. I'm wondering what firmware telly and crossbow come with, and if I need to flash it to have latest and greatest options.

I am thinking how to connect the teleflytiny to an F405-wing. Can the teleflytiny connect to a 4S directly?

If I were to power it from the flight controller (let's say tapped to the vtx power), then I would have the ground PortA P#13 and PortB P#2 in common, so I'm not sure that is right.

How have you guys been doing this?
Oct 27, 2019, 12:48 PM
TinyTF
7->15V

http://www.myflydream.com/inc/lib/do...oad.php?DId=60
Oct 28, 2019, 09:14 AM

connection to F405 example.

Could anyone please comment on the below diagram? I included a blank diagram if someone has time to correct.
Oct 29, 2019, 03:18 AM
KNUCKLEUPFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kija
Could anyone please comment on the below diagram? I included a blank diagram if someone has time to correct.
This looks correct. I set it up without the telefly so not 100% certain.
Oct 29, 2019, 09:41 AM
So it looks like everything powers on properly. I can see the osd on top of the arduplane osd. I get 100% VBI in the crossbow mini. I tried to have teleflytiny detect my UBlox gps at 115kbaud, this morning. I let arduplane initialize the GPS 1st, and then powered on the teleflytiny in detection mode, but it didn't seem to work. It's just running in a loop and not detecting anything. I will try again tonight.
Oct 29, 2019, 03:22 PM
If someone got a GPS shared with ardupilot working I'd been interested to hear some details. I don't seem to be able to detect my gps, shared with ardupilot or plugged into teleflytiny only.
Oct 29, 2019, 03:40 PM
QUOTE manual:

„Some AutoPilots send commands to their GPS after power on. In this case we need to discover the GPS only after the system is stable. Do it in this way: Don't power on your TeleFlyTiny. Power on your AutoPilot System. After about 5 seconds when the GPS is configured to a stable status, hold the "HOME" button of TeleFlyTiny and power it on to start the GPS discovering procedure.“
Oct 29, 2019, 03:43 PM
Will the GPS be detected by Arduplane?
Oct 29, 2019, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papsi
Will the GPS be detected by Arduplane?
Hi Papsi. Thanks for the help. Yes the GPS is detected by arduplane. What I do is, let arduplane start, and then confirm the GPS has started in mission planner. It doesn't have a fix yet (I doubt it needs it but correct me if I'm wrong). Then I plug the connector in portA of the teleflytiny while holding the "home" button, and I see the OSD displays that's it's going through various baud rates for NMEA and Ublox, but never detects anything. Also that detection thing seems to be going in a loop, i.e. when it's done it restarts, so it makes me think that I don't really need wait for arduplane to initialize the GPS 1st, as the teleflytiny should find the GPS in it's second loop, when sufficient time has passed for arduplane to initialize it.

I'm about to download Ucenter and configure a GPS for NMEA at 38400 baud and test that out.

Quick Reply