Sep 12, 2019, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemptioner
It means if you already have a radio serial radio link with mavlink protocol running (like a 3dr 415mhz radio or dragonlink etc) then you can take the serial output at the ground and feed it into the AAT on the ground to get the tracking information, no requirement for a Teleflytiny or other extra MFD device on the plane to encode the signal. This is what people were crying out for from MFD 5 years ago when tones of people were using Ardupilot and Telemetry radios. The Teleflypro is a pretty poor product and way to big, the teleflytiny was a big help but about 7 years too late. It is still missing so many things considering the time they have had and the price they are charging.....
Okay that's cool.

What about the airborne module unit?

In the manual it has 4 uart pins. 2 for the gps and the other two it just says tx and rx. Can I plug that into my FC to get the MAVLink telemetry from the flight controller. Then the telemetry will be sent down to the tracker via the video signal
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 02:58 PM
Mini Obsessed
There has to be a simple way for the tracker to get it's information from the crossfire full version through bluetooth. This is output already so it only makes it simpler if we can use that data.
Then there is no need for shooting over the data over the video signal.
What is the simplest way for a person to get a quad connected to this, using existing GPS? I have one on the way with the module, but would rather find a way to do this without adding more hardware to my quads or planes.
FPVModel, would love to help with your manual. It is seriously lacking.
Sep 16, 2019, 03:02 PM
Mini Obsessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironiic
Yeah I read that part again it confused me. Normally these with one modules work in two ways.

1. It will be connected to the FC to retrieve the gps telemetry. Then it will send that telemetry information down to the tracker via the video or audio stream hence why you connect it between the video out and the vtx

2. Exactly like the first option but instead of getting the telemetry from the FC, you will have a separate GPS module to give the coordinates directly.

As for digital radio, that's used for mission planning and positioning. I never see people use it for AAT.

My concern is if it will work with INav MAVLink telemetry which I think it should. Guess we will just have to wait for Axangelrc to make a video on it.

The manual for this tracker is terrible IMO. not only is it hard to fine but not easy to understand. Also the bloody company of the tracker didn't even bother to make a setup video of their product themselves
Agreed. There should be an easy way to send mavlink data without complication. There should be a way to do it directly from the crossfire.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:32 PM
Anyone ordered one of these to the US West coast? Wondering how long it will take to get from MFD
Sep 16, 2019, 07:41 PM
Mini Obsessed
I have one on its way to the middle of the country.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:54 PM
Guess I'll just have to order and find out.
Sep 16, 2019, 09:27 PM
Mini Obsessed
Have a bluetooth module coming as well to see if we can send the data needed and avoid the additional hardware on the planes and quads that already have gps running back.
Sep 17, 2019, 12:37 AM
Might look back in this thread and see what the other guy found for connectors since this uses a non standard connection on the tracker.
What I would try if you want to go that route is hook the Telefly tiny into the video wire between the receiver and the tracker and hook the Bluetooth into the Telefly rx port.
I am personally just going to run the trackers on my craft since my video range is always greater than the telemetry range. At $25 ea it's not bad and I can always put connectors on for a quick swap if I don't want to buy for the stuff I rarely fly.
Sep 17, 2019, 08:05 AM
openrc*****s *****
Ok.. so I have wired eveything up.

My TeleFlyTiny has an osd.. so that works.
My TeleFlyTiny shows the gps location.. so that works
My video signal passes through the tracker to my goggles via a cable.. So that works

But what does not work..

I never ever ever get a vlink. And I never get any GPS.

Anybody have any idea? I am at a loss!
Sep 17, 2019, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.thomson
Ok.. so I have wired eveything up.

My TeleFlyTiny has an osd.. so that works.
My TeleFlyTiny shows the gps location.. so that works
My video signal passes through the tracker to my goggles via a cable.. So that works

But what does not work..

I never ever ever get a vlink. And I never get any GPS.

Anybody have any idea? I am at a loss!
Is the Telefly connected to the gps directly?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sep 17, 2019, 10:23 AM
openrc*****s *****
Quote:
Is the Telefly connected to the gps directly?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I have tried with a dedicated GPS and a shared GPS.

I have even tried two different receivers.

Same issue on both. OSD on telefly works - shows gps.. but tracker never picks up the signal via video

Rob
Sep 17, 2019, 12:37 PM
openrc*****s *****
Has anyone managed to get this to work via VBI?

I have tried 3 different video receivers - and no joy.

Next step will be to bypass the inav osd - but I cant see why this should interfere.

Any thoughts?
Sep 17, 2019, 01:03 PM
Quote:
I have tried with a dedicated GPS and a shared GPS.

I have even tried two different receivers.

Same issue on both. OSD on telefly works - shows gps.. but tracker never picks up the signal via video

Rob
You using pal or ntsc
Sep 17, 2019, 01:16 PM
openrc*****s *****
Quote:
You using pal or ntsc

On the camera?

Or on the the telefly?
Sep 17, 2019, 02:15 PM
Quote: