Jul 26, 2019, 06:34 PM
Thread OP
New Product

NEW MyFlyDream mini Crossbow AAT and light-weight Tracking module TeleFlyTiny

MyFlyDream mini Crossbow AAT:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...8aa073a8Is6EuZ
MyFlyDream mini Crossbow Automatic Antenna Tracker 2019 NEW AAT (0 min 40 sec)

mini Crossbow is a light-weight, robust, new gerneration Antenna Tracker.
It supports VBI downlink (supported by MFD AP, MFD Crosshair, TeleFlyPro, TeleFlyTiny...)
And Also supports MAVLink V1.0/V2.0
And now you can connect up to 10 mini Crossbow AATs by CAN-BUS and fly with your firends! Everybody can see other's position on their OSD.

MFD TeleFlyTiny Tracking module:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...toreId=1024136

This light-weight module encodes necessary information of your plane for tracking purpose. And it transmits the data with your VIDEO signal (VBI technology) or DataRadio (MFD protocol/MAVLink protocol).

With this module you can get your MFD Trackers (MFD AAT/MFD Crossbow/MFD mini Crossbow) tracking you plane even you are not using a MFD AP or MFD Crosshair.
It supports MFD VBI V1(used by MFD AP/AAT) or V2(used by MFD Crosshair/MFD Crossbow).

TeleFlyTiny Module Quick Reference V.1.0

See picture 1

You can use a separate GPS or share a GPS with your AutoPilot.
In case of sharing a GPS, you need to connect these wires in the above picture: PortA P#2 GND : Connect to the GND wire of your GPS.
PortA P#3 U2 RX: Connect to the TXD wire of your GPS. PortA P#13 GND: Connect to the Power -
PortA P#14 Power: Connect to the Power +. You can use 7~15V DC if you don't need to power a GPS by TeleFlyTIny.

To use a separate GPS, you also need to connect
PortA P#1(+5V) to your GPS. And power the TeleFlyTiny with DC 7~12V DC to avoid overheat problem.

Also you need to feed your video signal from your camera to the TeleFlyTiny module. And connect the TeleFlyTiny video output to your videoTX:
Port B P#1 Video In: Connect to your camera video out. PortB P#2 GND: Connect to your GND of Cam&VTX PortB P#3: Video Out: Connect to your VideoTX video-in.

Note: You have to supply power to your Camera and VideoTX beside TeleFlyTiny.

See picture 2

To select Video modes:
Use "Video-Mode" button to switch between these 3 videos:
PAL / NTSC / No OSD
To enter the menu:
Power on the TeleFlyTiny module. Hold the HOME button, then click the Video-Mode button to enter the OSD menu. Use "Video-Mode" button to browse. Use HOME button to change values or confirm. All changed settings will be saved after you use "EXIT" to quit menu.
To Discover your new GPS:
After you connect your GPS (sharing other GPS, or use a separate GPS), by default the TeleFlyTiny will try use NMEA/38400bps to communicate with it. If your GPS use other protocol (UBX?) or other baudrate, you need to discover your GPS once. Next time TeleFlyTiny will remember your settings.
To discover your new GPS, hold "HOME" button and power on the TeleFlyTiny module. The discovering procedure will display on the screen. Once it discovers your GPS it will display "DONE" and current baudrate/protocol on the OSD screen. Power off, and power on again. TeleFlyTiny will work with new settings.
Some AutoPilots send commands to their GPS after power on. In this case we need to discover the GPS only after the system is stable. Do it in this way: Don't power on your TeleFlyTiny. Power on your AutoPilot System. After about 5 seconds when the GPS is configured to a stable status, hold the "HOME" button of TeleFlyTiny and power it on to start the GPS discovering procedure.
Last edited by FPV_model; Aug 26, 2019 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Add new content
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2019, 06:27 AM
Is there not a manual or wiring instruction? I looked on the site in manuals but I do not see anything.
Jul 27, 2019, 08:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatfink
Is there not a manual or wiring instruction? I looked on the site in manuals but I do not see anything.
We will upload soon
Jul 27, 2019, 12:47 PM
So would this for example allow me to connect to a uart on my fc with inav to get the data it needs (for example output mavlink telemetry through uart to the tftiny) or?
Jul 27, 2019, 08:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
So would this for example allow me to connect to a uart on my fc with inav to get the data it needs (for example output mavlink telemetry through uart to the tftiny) or?
No in the firmware shipped with. After you get the TFTiny you can update and we will support Mavlink input. But we still recommend to share your gps to get lower latency
Jul 28, 2019, 12:28 AM
Will this new model support standard Ublox protocol now? (I read the old osd’s would not correct). Do you happen to know the gps protocols it does support? Oh and if you’d be so kind, what input voltage range does the TFTiny operate on?
Last edited by thebatfink; Jul 28, 2019 at 01:07 AM.
Jul 28, 2019, 01:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Will this new model support standard Ublox protocol now? (I read the old osd’s would not correct). Do you happen to know the gps protocols it does support? Oh and if you’d be so kind, what input voltage range does the TFTiny operate on?
Supported
Ubx and NMEA
Jul 28, 2019, 01:44 AM
Thread OP
what input voltage range does the TFTiny operate on? [/QUOTE]

If share another gps. 7~16v. If we need to supply power to an gps. 7~12v
Jul 28, 2019, 02:16 AM
Oh wow this sounds like exactly what needed to connect in the inav smaller planes. You have MFD AAT which comes bundled with this device instead of TeleflyPro OSD so I don’t have to buy both.
Jul 28, 2019, 04:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Oh wow this sounds like exactly what needed to connect in the inav smaller planes. You have MFD AAT which comes bundled with this device instead of TeleflyPro OSD so I don’t have to buy both.
Yes new MFD aat will send with tftiny
Last edited by FPV_model; Jul 28, 2019 at 05:00 AM.
Jul 28, 2019, 05:39 PM
AndreasL90
Is the TeleFlyTiny capable to visualize MAVlink data like an artificial horizon?
Apart from AlceOSD or PlayuavOSD, there is no graphical OSD that works with MAVlink. There are just character based variants. I think there are many potential customers who don't own a MFD AP (yet).
Jul 29, 2019, 09:20 AM
Thread OP
[QUOTE=Jabo;42395023]Is the TeleFlyTiny capable to visualize MAVlink data like an artificial horizon?

Next version firmware will support
Jul 29, 2019, 11:13 AM
AndreasL90
Sounds exciting!
Can you share a video or screenshot of the new TeleFlyTiny OSD?
Jul 29, 2019, 11:43 AM
Yes its certainly got me interested in getting an MFD AAT. I think only downside is it can’t get down to 5v, I’d love to put this in some of my smaller 2s models like the nano goblin. But think will try it in the larger ones. Will the manual be available in the coming days or are we talking in weeks? Thanks.
Jul 30, 2019, 05:42 PM
Gravity is patient............
Hi please post the wiring. We can wait for the instructions. But with the wiring I can probably figure the rest out.

Quick Reply