Thread Tools
Aug 13, 2019, 03:55 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Yeah - inquiring minds want to know! I'm hoping it's ~1.5m & uses 3-4s packs in the 2200-4000 mAh range.

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2019, 05:25 PM
Registered User
$10 bux we're basically getting a red turbo timber with different gear and another blade on the prop.

Clear windows and reversing esc if we are lucky.
Aug 13, 2019, 05:44 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ische
$10 bux we're basically getting a red turbo timber with different gear and another blade on the prop.

Clear windows and reversing esc if we are lucky.
If that's the case then they don't really need Mike Patey's help. I think they'll do a decent job and predict some will say it's too expensive and post why they won't buy it, and Horizon will sell yet another nice model.
Aug 13, 2019, 05:47 PM
Lifetime Member
JohnM's Avatar
I would expect it to be an entirely new design, hopefully in foam and no larger than the Timber X. The smaller the better for my preference.
Aug 13, 2019, 05:54 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ische
$10 bux we're basically getting a red turbo timber with different gear and another blade on the prop.

Clear windows and reversing esc if we are lucky.
You'd lose your 10 bucks.

It is completely illogical to think that HH would OFFICIALLY partner with Mike & then do anything less than a scale Draco. That's nothing but pure emotion-based HH-bashing, rather than a logical statement. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Horizon Hobby and Mike Patey Partnership Announcement at EAA AirVenture 2019 (4 min 9 sec)


Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Aug 13, 2019, 06:06 PM
Registered User
Digital Don's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker

It is completely illogical to think that HH would OFFICIALLY partner with Mike & then do anything less than a scale Draco. That's nothing but pure emotion-based HH-bashing, rather than a logical statement. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Joel

Yeah. What he said!

Don
Aug 13, 2019, 06:22 PM
Registered User
dalecheek1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don
Yeah. What he said!

Don
I agree with you both . Too bad there is not a New plane bashing, spam filter to block all snarky negative stupid remarks .
Aug 13, 2019, 07:09 PM
Registered User
Hubert1's Avatar
I'm not really into STOL planes but this one has my attention. Hoping it takes a 6s 5000.
Aug 13, 2019, 07:32 PM
Registered User
Adam Stang's Avatar
I have been following Mike and Mark Patey for a while now. The Draco build series of videos shows just how capable Mike is...and what a perfectionist he is. He and his brother are also extremely successful business men. I obviously can't guarantee anything, but I'd bet good money Mike wouldn't partner with HH unless he has enough of a say to make sure whatever they do is up to his high standards. And his standards are HIGH. I suggest subscribing to his Youtube channel and watching Draco being built. This man is nothing short of awesome.
Last edited by Adam Stang; Aug 13, 2019 at 07:51 PM.
Aug 13, 2019, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Digital Don's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stang
... I obviously can't guarantee anything, but I'd bet good money Mike wouldn't partner with HH unless he has enough of a say to make sure whatever they do is up to his high standards..
I think you're absolutely correct. Mike was doing fine before getting together with Horizon Hobbies. Why would he want his name associated with anything below his standards?

I've always loved the Wilga, it's so ugly it's beautiful! I still fly my 'little' EasySky Wilga indoors.

Draco is a Wilga on STEROIDS!

Personally I can't wait!

Don
Aug 13, 2019, 09:56 PM
Damage is expected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don
I think you're absolutely correct. Mike was doing fine before getting together with Horizon Hobbies. Why would he want his name associated with anything below his standards?

I've always loved the Wilga, it's so ugly it's beautiful! I still fly my 'little' EasySky Wilga indoors.

Draco is a Wilga on STEROIDS!

Personally I can't wait!

Don
^x2. Bring it!

Dave W.
Aug 13, 2019, 10:14 PM
Registered User
Adam Stang's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don
I think you're absolutely correct. Mike was doing fine before getting together with Horizon Hobbies. Why would he want his name associated with anything below his standards?

I've always loved the Wilga, it's so ugly it's beautiful! I still fly my 'little' EasySky Wilga indoors.

Draco is a Wilga on STEROIDS!

Personally I can't wait!

Don
I'm with you there Don. Personally I don't care if it is a 50" foamie or a 110" Hanger 9 beast. I want one.

Or maybe two...
Aug 13, 2019, 11:32 PM
Registered User
FoxProGT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citationfxr
I think they'll do a decent job and predict some will say it's too expensive and post why they won't buy it.
Making that prediction is like predicting the sun will be in the sky tomorrow.
Yeah, its gana happen...... if the price IS to high.
Aug 13, 2019, 11:55 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxProGT
....Yeah, its gana happen...... if the price IS to high.
It'll happen even if the price isn't too high (based on logic & reality), because there will always be those who expect to get something for nothing - despite the fact that in reality, there has never been such a thing as a free lunch.

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Aug 14, 2019, 12:01 AM
Registered User
FoxProGT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
It'll happen even if the price isn't too high (based on logic & reality), because there will always be those who expect to get something for nothing - despite the fact that in reality, there has never been such a thing as a free lunch.

Joel

There wasn't to many complaints about the price of the Eluna, Turbo Beaver, Valiant or Conscendo Advance, but yeah there are those who expect something for nothing.
I don't think anyone here is expecting a "free lunch" though.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Horizon Hobby Draco Alien_Tech Scale ARF/RTF 40 Sep 24, 2019 07:05 PM
Discussion E-flite Cessna 150 2.1 or E-flite carbon cub SS 2.1?! AnbuPunk 3D Foamies 3 May 28, 2019 12:08 PM
Discussion E-flite Viper Jet vs. E-flite F-16 stoneb1b Foamy EDFs 7 Mar 06, 2019 11:07 AM
E flite Ultimate 3D with E flite 370 BL startup ???? Rat 3D Flying 5 Jan 21, 2005 10:21 PM