Jul 25, 2019, 12:47 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

How do I construct motor mount with 5* dn and 3* side offset?

Can someone point me in the right direction to make a motor mount with
5* down and 3* right thrust. I am trying to do this in fusion 360 and my
brain is in a fog (as most times)? Offsetting one direction is OK, but trying
to get the second offset is very confusing. The easy way was draw lines on the block
and go at it with a belt sander. Any and all replies are welcomed and appreciated.
John
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2019, 01:31 PM
Duane, LSF IV
I think you'll need to create a plane at an angle twice, once for each axis. Base the second plane on the first and add the second angle. Then sketch on the second plane.
QUICK TIP: Plane Creation (2 min 45 sec)

Alternatively, just draw your mount in orthogonal orientation and use joints to place it in the assembly at the desired angles.
Jul 25, 2019, 04:25 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Wazmo,
Got it by drawing (box) with 5* down thrust. Then using top, cut 3* from frame at 3*
angle. Then extruded parts I did not need. It is printing now. Thanks again,
John

Quick Reply