What's Your Favorite RCGroups Features?

Reply to this thread and let us know what some of your favorite RCGroups features are.

Splash

We'd Like Your Feedback

RCGroups has been around a long time and has always been the best resource for information on radio control and other hobbies. The site has been heavily customized over the years with unique features to make your forum life better and as we think about the future I wanted to revisit the past ask you what your favorite current features are.

This isn't about what you wish the site had or what other sites have that you like. It's about the features that RCGroups currently has that you enjoy or appreciate. I'm realizing there are features on the site that I've never known about so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Jul 25, 2019, 08:51 AM
The biggest features for me are:

a) World-wide reach
b) The people!

The best tools are:

a) Traditional display format (better use of display space), and
b) The ignore button.

Andy
Jul 25, 2019, 09:20 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Your question seems to be pretty focused but I imagine you'll get a lot of tangential answers.

Could you suggest some feature examples you'd like feedback on?
Jul 25, 2019, 09:25 AM
AMA 667982 KG7NKY
Just for the sake of it, one f my favorites is in Thread tools. Show all attachments in this thread.
Jul 25, 2019, 09:29 AM
The search features are much more robust than other forums especially the way you can find a thread and then search again within it.
Jul 25, 2019, 09:43 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
Your question seems to be pretty focused but I imagine you'll get a lot of tangential answers.

Could you suggest some feature examples you'd like feedback on?
It could be anything. Not looking for feedback on specific features themselves, just features you use and like. It could be the icon to go directly to the first unread post in a thread, or the Places Map, or the search functions in the classifieds. Sometimes we can take features for granted so this thread is way for us to see what users like that already exist.
Jul 25, 2019, 09:52 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
I don't know if it's a feature, but I like clicking the post number to get a single post and then saving that post to a folder in my bookmarks. I collect mainly tech-savvy pieces that way. I archive excellent essays that I know I'd never be able to find again on the forum with just a search.
Jul 25, 2019, 12:48 PM
I like the “MyRCgroups” feature where it shows me all my subscribed threads. I used to just go to each page (say, the off road car forum or fast electric forum) and just see what threads I was subbed to had new posts. Way easier when I can click one place and it show me all the threads I haven’t read new posts in yet!
Jul 25, 2019, 10:20 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
I really like how transparent going from desktop to mobile is. Both are clearly readable, fully functional, and I don't have to hunt around or find workarounds for either.

Well done on keeping the same look as desktop while making it fully functional on mobile.
Jul 25, 2019, 11:46 PM
I like the "MyRCgroups" link!
I also like the darker appearance of the site vs other sites that are extremely bright. (to much white background)
Jul 26, 2019, 08:12 AM
Hey, watch this!
The first thing I do when I open RCG in the morning is stroll through the blogs. I DO like reading about what people do. I do NOT like having to skip over someone's sales pitch - in the blog section.

There's an "ignore" button?
Jul 26, 2019, 08:41 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
The short cuts - e.g.

- the 'paper clip' symbol that shows attachments without having to open a thread.

- the 'magnifying glass' symbol under an avatar to quickly check someones previous posts. Sometimes it gives a clue to what the poster is actually talking about.

Plus the 'Similar Threads' list is very useful. Especially if posters put useful words in their thread titles, (that will be the day )

Also that I can 'close' all the forum groups that don't interest me, for easier scrolling between the ones that do.

Overall a very good forum layout and features.

Thank you.
Jul 28, 2019, 09:02 PM
KB8ALT
When it worked before, I liked going to “Places” because it showed model airplane fields close to me.

And I like using “Forum Spy” so I can watch the latest postings.
Jul 29, 2019, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcad
Just for the sake of it, one f my favorites is in Thread tools. Show all attachments in this thread.
I love using that also. To add to this, I like that I can click to have the photos displayed by date uploaded or grouped alphabetically by the user who uploaded them.
Jul 29, 2019, 03:22 AM
I like and use often the stuff circled

Quick Reply