Jul 25, 2019, 02:18 AM
Thread OP
Contest

EeZeBilt Models

The founder/moderator of this particular boat section saved all of the Keil Kraft EeZeBilts from extinction by setting up a website on his own - obtaining all the kits or drawings thereof , drawing parts and publishing them free to all. He has done a lot more including trying to save "Orphan" model boat plans in the way Outer Zone and Aerofred have done for model aircraft plans on the Old Boats site. In addition there are websites for Taycol Motors and Adamcraft besides this section of RC Groups
On the EeZeBilt website is a challenge to produce what he has called EeZeBilt 50+'s being larger models built the same way. So far he has produced most of them ranging from a Steam Launch , PT Boat , a Sea Queen version. Life Boats , Fire Tender and his latest a Russian OSA missile boat. Model Boats magazine has published a few plans in a similar genre lately in A3 sized plans - and a few years ago the story of a build of two of his models featured in the magazine without any kind of acknowledgement.
What I would like to do is issue a challenge to fellow members to have a go at designing a new 50+ version over the winter building season . I have been trying for a few years to complete the design of a Miami Crash Boat - SA version R9 which a friend purchased from the SAN many years ago. Determined now to have it finished before Christmas - and publish the plans in the new year. I am willing to help put the plans into usable format (jpg or pdf) using Corel Draw for anyone with only hand drawing facilities.
EeZebilts have no plans as such only parts and Instructions in reality. You can make a model by eye even - or paper templates and simply draw around the finished parts before you glue . After that its simply a matter of scanning and assembly into a usable format.
Would be nice to see a few more US type boats , tugs , fishing boats etc etc
Last edited by Redpmg; Jul 25, 2019 at 02:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2019, 08:53 AM
One of the problems that people will have in creating plans is how to draw them. The obvious way is to use a CAD package - but these can be expensive and hard to learn.

If there was a free simple package that modellers could use that would make plan development and interchange far easier. Perhaps someone reading this knows of something which they could recommend...?

Quick Reply