Jul 23, 2019, 11:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Lipo battery in Dx9 how to takecare if not use for months?

I've Dx9 just bought it. I think it equip with Lipo battery with it. But I will not use it that much at least 2-6 months. Coz I've order plane form foreign by sea, it take time to come. Maybe I use sometime for practice sim only by now.

So mostly I just keep it on shelf.
Question is how to take good care of battery so it in good condition when I use again?

-keep it inside transmitter?
-remove batt outside?
-charge it full? -- as I remember many info from web said that keep Lipo at full-charge is bad idea
-discharge/use it until remain 40% and keep there?
-etc?

Any suggestion is welcome.... of course not to sell the transmitter!
Thank you
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2019, 11:38 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Charge it fully, turn the TX on for 30 minutes, shut it off and forget about it. You probably don't need to do the full charge if the battery is already discharged a bit. You don't want to put it in storage if it's almost completely discharged, you don't want to put it in storage if it's fully charged. Anything in between is good. For this 2S pack, anywhere between 7 to 7.8V is fine for 6 months of storage.

Do not leave it permanently on the charger.
Jul 24, 2019, 12:01 AM
If for many months, and if ambient temps are high, consider keeping in an air-conditioned space

some even seal in a ziploc stick in the back if the fridge

let warm up unsealed before using
Jul 24, 2019, 01:37 AM
Thread OP
Thank you. I'll do just that.
Also try temps not high. Even air-con is not easy, I will keep in in room air flow

Quick Reply