Jul 23, 2019, 03:16 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Electric Motor Mounting Thrust Values

This may be a dumb question but I have been bitten by assumptions before. The plane I am electrifying calls for a 48 to 52 four stroke with 3 degrees of right thrust and 2 degrees of down thrust. I am going to use a Turnigy G46 Brushless Outrunner. Do the same thrust values for the nitro engine apply to the electric as well ?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...v-46-glow.html
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2019, 03:50 PM
A man with too many toys
Electrics usually have much bigger props turning slower so the "P" factor is not the same. To get it perfect you will have to do some flight testing. Start with a little less down and right and see how that flies.

Jul 24, 2019, 10:39 AM
Pro Hoarder
Thrust is thrust..A prop wont know what is spinning it..I am not sure what you are asking about? Setting up the angles? Do you plan to use the same size prop with e power vs fuel? If yes than dont change the angles. If you use a larger prop with electric then you will need more right thrust. There is a lot of variables that need to be looked at to make a good decision. But in general build the plane per the plans..
Latest blog entry: In flight
Jul 24, 2019, 07:02 PM
I have converted a number or war birds from IC to electric 60 and 120 size and used the same thrust as on the fire wall with no problems

Mike

Quick Reply