Aug 11, 2019, 07:44 PM
Thread OP
As Tom and Rubio would say, A Few More Crumbs today. Added and sanded the the left outboard tip today.. All that is left for left outboard is to sand the,leading edge. Once complete I will sand the left inboard to match and then join the two with extra support from two dihedral braces at the point where they are joined.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2019, 03:25 PM
Thread OP
A little more today. The left side of the wing is complete except for more sanding. So far so good and yes there have been mistakes and screw ups. After sanding I will weigh that half of the wing.
Aug 13, 2019, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
Completed a little more this morning before work. I added the wing tip to the right side and sanded to shape then sanded the out board panel. Tomorrow after work I will sand the right inboard panel and hopefully join the two.
Aug 15, 2019, 09:55 PM
Thread OP
A few more crumbs today. The wing is 98% complete. All that is left is to sand and join the two with the dihedral brace specs.

Have not built a 2 meter in 25 years, god the wing is long. The 100 incher would have never fit in my car. Next up is to finish the fuse.

Now starting to think about covering combos: Blue Transparent with white fuse, Orange Transparent and blue fuse or Red Transparent and ???
Aug 15, 2019, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick T.
A few more crumbs today. The wing is 98% complete. All that is left is to sand and join the two with the dihedral brace specs.

Have not built a 2 meter in 25 years, god the wing is long. The 100 incher would have never fit in my car. Next up is to finish the fuse.

Now starting to think about covering combos: Blue Transparent with white fuse, Orange Transparent and blue fuse or Red Transparent and ???
Looking good!

My two meter stuff is a pain to stuff in my truck, they're to vulnerable to damage.
Two or three piece is much better.

Coming up with a good scheme and color that's not to complicated Is one of the hardest parts of building for me.
Aug 15, 2019, 10:34 PM
Thread OP
Thanks VC scott. It has been awhile. My last balsa build was a gentile lady whick I loved.
Aug 16, 2019, 09:32 PM
Thread OP
One half of the wing is sanded, will do the other tomorrow after work, then join and let sit overnight.

Also found out I am alergic to balsa dust. Been to the doctor twice, oh well almost done but from now will wear a mask.
Aug 16, 2019, 11:24 PM
Oh no, that’s a bummer!
Definitely wear a dust mask. I do some times but it’s easy to forget.
Would taking something like Claritin help?
Aug 16, 2019, 11:58 PM
Thread OP
VC

Have plenty of antibotics, but the mask is a must.

Thanks
Aug 17, 2019, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
It is a WING. Joined the two haves tonight and all that is left is more sanding and balancing. Do not know if I built it heavy or not but the wing came in at 7 ounces.
Aug 18, 2019, 02:00 PM
It's not going to build itself
Sounds light for how big of a wing it is. Great job!
Aug 18, 2019, 02:20 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Tom. It did come with a lot of screw ups. I am hoping for around 30 to 33 ozs. Next up today, The Fuse.
Aug 18, 2019, 10:05 PM
Thread OP
A few more crumbs. Today I placed servos exactly where the plans called for. Once completed I meaured and installed the sleeve for the torque rods and shaved off the ends so they are level with the sides of the fuse. Then installed hatch and node block. For the hatch I will secure with magnets. Tomorrow I will shape the nose and sand the hatch flush. Enough for today.
Aug 18, 2019, 10:21 PM
It's not going to build itself
Way to keep it going Rick!!
Aug 18, 2019, 10:27 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Tom.. Any input is always appreciated

Quick Reply