Jul 23, 2019, 01:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Sig Riser 2 Meter Build Log

It has been about 15 or 20 years since I have built anything but PSS planes. This Sig Riser is just a plane I can just enjoy floating around at one of our local hills with the guys. So here it goes.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2019, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Done for the day. Inboard panel, right wing is,90% completed. More tomorrow or Thursday.
Jul 23, 2019, 08:04 PM
F3Foamie Pilot
Nice, you will probably be done before I finish my Slopemaster build. I've been milking it and suffering from lack of motivation.
Jul 23, 2019, 09:58 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Slopemaster. I figure it will take about 2 weeks to complete. Right now I am trying to figure out the leading edge stock and how it fits do to it being triangular type stock.
Jul 23, 2019, 10:07 PM
Thread OP
With a clear head, I figured it out. Yeah for me. Will now finish the wing panel tomorrow.
Jul 24, 2019, 12:13 AM
Floaters Are a lot of fun, just got to be in the right mood.

Are you going to make any mods or just build it per plan?
Jul 24, 2019, 08:09 AM
It's not going to build itself
Nice classic, Go Rick Go!
Jul 24, 2019, 11:10 AM
Steve Neill
They fly out of your hands literally. Great flyer, just maidened mine last week. She flew perfect. Better than me.
Jul 24, 2019, 11:17 AM
Thread OP
Thanks guys. I am enjoying the build and I have missed working with wood. There will be no mods, just a standard set up so far. I am lucky to have Kite Hill on one side for floaters and across and up tje street Lilys for PSS planes
Jul 24, 2019, 08:58 PM
Thread OP

Day 2 of Sig Riser build

After work I decided to work on the build for a couple of hours. Today was a day with 2 steps forward and one back but all in all I am happy. The right side inboard wing is 90% complete. Tomorrow I will finish and start the outboard panel. While parts are drying I will start the sanding process on the inboard part. Done for the night.
Jul 24, 2019, 10:44 PM
Old Master, New Grasshopper
There is something about balsa butchery that puts the mind at ease... Love the floaties, I'll have to bring the oly down and come fly @ kite with you guys.
Latest blog entry: Pics
Jul 24, 2019, 11:16 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Jeremy... At times it is a real pain in the %%% compared to PSS planes but in the end it is enjoyable and relaxing.
Jul 27, 2019, 12:21 PM
Thread OP
Have not posted anything in the last few days do to tournaments at the course but today I hope to finish the right side inboard and outboard panels with some pictures as I go
Jul 27, 2019, 05:02 PM
Thread OP
Today consisted of finishing the cap strips on top of the ribs and the top spar cap strip plus sanding, more sanding and a whole lot more sanding. Next up will be the right side out board wing panel. That is it for now, tired of sanding
Jul 29, 2019, 08:41 PM
Thread OP
Since I am off today and tomorrow I decided to do a little more work. I worked on the left side panel and it is now looking like a wing. I still have to add the cap strips, then the wing tips. After that making sure all 4 panels will join correctly then a whole lot of sanding. I have screwed up a few but too many to mention, but I am happy. Hopefully will start on the fuse build night.

Quick Reply