Jul 23, 2019, 12:47 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Artillery/EVNOVO Ė Sidewinder X1

Iím interested in your experiences or thoughts about the Artillery/Evnovo Sidewinder X1 printer.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32887558875.html

I didnít know this machine until this afternoon, but it seems to be quite interesting. It has a build volume of 300x300x400mm, a solid frame, an AC-powered heat bed, synchronized z-rods, a volcano-style hotend and a direct drive Titan-style extruder.

For guys like me, who print mostly RC planes this could be the perfect printer. Itís big enough and thanks to the direct drive extruder itís supposed to be fast.
Fast because of the small retraction distances in comparison to a bowden printer and faster than 60mm/s you canít do a decent single-wall print anyway. So, the less mass a bowden printer has to move and the resulting faster possible print speeds donít matter for this kind of prints.

The biggest downside I noticed so far is the glass plate on the heat bed. It seems the glass only isnít removable, which makes it difficult to clean. I have a glass plate on my CR-10, too and itís not a problem for me in matters of sticking, since I use glue stick for better adhesion. But to clean the glass from all the glue, I simply remove the plate and put it in the sink. This isnít possible with a non-removable plate.

And I didnít find anything about itís thin wall printing quality/ability. The print quality in general is rated pretty well in the tests and reviews, but itís one thing to print a benchy and another to print a wing of a plane.

So maybe someone knows this printer and wantís to share his experiences.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2019, 02:11 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Probably not available in Germany, but I use 'Tub O Towels' sheets to clean the glass bed on my printer. I lay one on the glass for about five minutes, and then just wipe the accumulated gunk off. They work very well.

SteveT,
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Sep 26, 2019, 01:52 PM
I am interested in this too but I wonder how hard is it to upgrade the outside to print things like pc. Still thinking about getting it for printing parts like frames, servo trays, gears and stuff but would like to print the tougher more functional filaments.

Quick Reply