Jul 23, 2019, 12:50 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Let ' s talk about the FlySky Paladin PL18 before its official global launch.

Let ' s talk about the FlySky Paladin PL18 before its official global launch.

The factory will start shipping the Paladin PL18 on July 25th (Beijing time). This is also the time in which the FlySky Paladin PL18 will be listed globally and I hope I have time to talk to everyone before launch.

1. Testing the PL18
In preparation for the PL18 launch, on June 25th (Beijing time), FlySky’s General Manager Mr. Liu Feng, our team of testers and professional level pilots carried out the last of a long list of comprehensive tests. The testing involved many model types including fixed wing, gliders, helicopters, delta wing and multiple rotor aircraft, among others.

Name: test 1.png
Views: 261
Size: 129.3 KB
Description: Name: test 2.png
Views: 184
Size: 120.3 KB
Description:
We have 10 FlySky internal testers as well as 15 professional pilots from Australia, Germany, South Korea, Hong Kong and China mainland, specializing in cars, racing boats, FPV, Helicopter, fixed-wings and multicopter. After 6 months of testing and countless bug fixes we are happy to say the final tests indicated that the PL18 has surpassed our expectations.

2. Why does PL18 be waited for so long before its releasing?

We have spent a lot of time coming up with new design iterations from the initial FS-i18 to the FT10, and finally the PL18. This gave us lots of space for experimentation with new software platforms (some are too unstable and react too slowly), more iterations in hardware, UI, switch position, hand grips, antenna optimizations, ergonomics, RF development and extensive testing.

Name: FT10.png
Views: 227
Size: 20.2 KB
Description: Name: PL18.jpg
Views: 243
Size: 42.8 KB
Description: Name: i18.jpg
Views: 511
Size: 38.2 KB
Description:

3. What is the standard of Paladin PL18 in our minds?
We hope that the Paladin PL18 will represent FlySky's pursuit of a higher level of RC equipment. We hope that PL18 is a product that can meet the needs of different users and bring the players a good experience. We hope that PL18 is a different product than the previous FlySky transmitters. Therefore, we have developed a series of new designs including several times better RF technology than the previous generation, equipping with metal and precise Hall Gimbal, doubled battery capacity and more suitable hand grip.

Name: PL18 antenna 3d orientation pattern.jpg
Views: 166
Size: 38.9 KB
Description: Name: hall gimbal exploded view.png
Views: 304
Size: 42.8 KB
Description:

4. Are the Paladin PL18 firmware and subsequent update plan guaranteed?
The PL18’s easy to update firmware has been developed inhouse by us and we are looking forward to developing and adding to it over the coming years.

Name: ui.jpg
Views: 552
Size: 116.9 KB
Description:

5. Why is the PL18’s pricing so different to out other product?
Although our previous flagship, the FS-i10, is an amazing all-round system, the PL18 is a massive improvement in a lot of ways. For more information on the differences refer to this chart:

Due to the massive upgrade the PL18 represents over all our other products as well as the amount of time and effort that has went into the design and development of the PL18 we believe it fits the new price point well.

If you would like more information about the PL18 and our future products please comment or sent us a message, we will review the comments and get back to everyone!

Thank you for the support!

FlySky MKT
William Zhang

to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2019, 09:53 AM
No OpenTx ? You should be very confident to try this way, of your own OS...
Jul 26, 2019, 04:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
No OpenTx ? You should be very confident to try this way, of your own OS...
hi, renatoa

thank you for your point.

we learn a painful lesson from the nv14 os.

we organize many people including our test team and professional pilots to test the pl18 .

this years, we keep improving the pl18 till it is complete enough.

FLYSKY MKT
William Zhang

[email protected]
Aug 15, 2019, 09:28 PM
Well I for one like the FlySky OS to be very iphone app like and extremely easy to use I have 3 i10’s and the same easy ability to set up a plane without having to get a manual out

When will the new receivers be available for purchase I need 20 to start with our club of 135 + members will need me to have them on hand
Aug 15, 2019, 09:29 PM
Well I for one like the FlySky OS to be very iphone app like and extremely easy to use I have 3 i10’s and the same easy ability to set up a plane without having to get a manual out

When will the new receivers be available for purchase I need 20 to start with our club of 135 + members will need me to have them on hand
Aug 18, 2019, 09:02 AM
Trust me, the I 10 is a lot better... If only it had the screen on top...

edit: There is still hope, I found solutions to some of my griefs after looking a bit deeper and making some changes...
Last edited by WimH; Aug 23, 2019 at 09:13 AM. Reason: not so bad after all
Aug 18, 2019, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmobile

I would never dare to equip a whole club with a brand new / untested / unknown radio system.
But maybe that's just me being too cautious but I still remember the countless bugs that 1.8 firmware brought to I10.
Some of bugs were really dangerous, like inverting the throttle channel for previously saved models. :-(

Maybe it's better to buy just one, iron down the bugs / problems / issues, test the range in countless flights in many different locations, see how long the battery will hold (another old issue), then propose it to your club.
Aug 18, 2019, 01:48 PM
That’s already being done but it would help if we could outfit multiple foamies for testing having only 1 receiver hampers the testing phase each member was willing to purchase a receiver and we all use the same transmitter and run it thru it’s paces
Some of the drawback of the testing that we have noticed the touch screen is horrible to the touch and even with the plastic screen protector removed in some cases it’s difficult to scroll down without selecting something you don’t want
The gimbals are what I expected and the reason I wanted this transmitter but they took the SD card away so now we need a computer to save your set ups they took away the minute counter beep at each minute you now have 20 seconds a voice tells you twenty seconds then the count down from 10 to zero it’s pleasantly loud enough on high for my deaf ears more to come. Have to look at my notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultbg
I would never dare to equip a whole club with a brand new / untested / unknown radio system.
But maybe that's just me being too cautious but I still remember the countless bugs that 1.8 firmware brought to I10.
Some of bugs were really dangerous, like inverting the throttle channel for previously saved models. :-(

Maybe it's better to buy just one, iron down the bugs / problems / issues, test the range in countless flights in many different locations, see how long the battery will hold (another old issue), then propose it to your club.
Last edited by Jacksmobile; Aug 18, 2019 at 05:58 PM.
Aug 18, 2019, 02:14 PM
How did you get the countdown announcement?? And is the voice volume adjustable? Mine is not very loud ...

Edit : after adjusting the volume and looking at the menus a bit more in depth I managed to get a clear and loud enough 30 second count down, albeit on one timer at a time... Still missing the minute countdown though...
Last edited by WimH; Aug 23, 2019 at 09:15 AM. Reason: update
Aug 18, 2019, 05:57 PM
Yes in settings there’s a whole app on what you want to have voice and vibration you’ll have to scroll down to see it I think but the darn screen is hard to operate I even tried the stylus from the I10 didn’t help one bit I think a light touch and a light slide seems to work best when it works
Aug 18, 2019, 05:59 PM
Volume is also in settings
Aug 18, 2019, 06:10 PM
Telemetry is great a bit confusing at first the i10 has RSSI from 60- 120 I think but this one has 24-120 and setting the alarms on it are also a bit weird way easier to figure on the i10 but if you raise setting to what you want it’s the item you leave highlighted that works but I had to raise both settings to get it to work correctly also if you lock the screen and turn the lock to red and then shut off the transmitter when you restart it it’s green again or unlocked
You can also choose the amount of trim for each click I set mine to 2 original settings are 5 per click so it’s user selectable :-) there are 4 timers a model timer that just records how long the transmitter is on
then there’s the engine timer the one I use to tell me how much air time plane has cumulative and then the 2 individual down only up only or down then up like the i10 has
Aug 20, 2019, 01:24 AM
Edit frequently by bad English
Subscribed.

I bought a NV14 Nirvana but very disapointed. because incomplete hardware at external RF module powersupply, and firmware.

I'm wodering which to buy a PL18 or not. it's too heavy like as X12S, no telemetory on AFHDS2A, (perhaps) useless wireless charging....
Aug 20, 2019, 07:36 AM
If you want telemetry on AFHDS2A get the i10 it’s more refined at this point I have 3 of them one for big jets and 2 more to buddy cord with foamies and training it just doesn’t have the nice gimbals The PL 18 has but I’ve been using mine for well over 4 years with some models having over 7 hrs of flight time if they would have the new gimbals to replace the old style. It would be the perfect transmitter imho
Aug 20, 2019, 07:58 AM
Wouldn't be nice to have some good aftermarket hall gimbals for the I10 ? Hint Hint Flysky?

Quick Reply