This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 22, 2019, 11:49 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

MG 800 ( After a 3 month Wait !!! )

Is anything worth waiting 3 months for ? ( Maybe a liver or heart transplant )
At last , when I saw this kit ! I thought it might be interesting .

Oh ! It is interesting !
Seriously , there are so many ways to build / assemble this kit , you might be spoiled for choice .

Build it as a Rudder / Elevator / Aileron / Motor ... OR ... as a Elevator / Aileron / Motor ... OR ... Rudder / Elevator / Motor
Ailerons - How many servos to you want to use ? 2 or only one ?

That motor mount is really well thought out , but I wont be using it . I already have a motor in mind and it simply can't be adapted to that mount .
So I will be going in a different direction with the motor ( 7x4.5 prop @ around 5A full throttle )

Single Aileron servo ? Would have to be 9g , elevator servo - may as well be 9g .
ESC , Im thinking 10A or 12A ( depending on whats on hand ) , I did just get a 6A esc . ( But a little close )
That 6A esc is earmarked for another motor and project .. ( Possibly a depron Ezio clone )

Mounting the wing ...
I see 3 ways of doing it .. Some sort of a plate glued to the fuse to put screws thru ( wing hold down )
Glue the ply plate in place , use a rod , and use rubber bands ..
Or a rod at the back and front of the wing ( holes are there ) and just use rubber bands ( X pattern ) to hold the wing to fuse old style .

MG 800 ...

Horizontal stabs are two piece , hmmm .. Would need some sort of joiner .. ( Not doing dual control rods - just dealt with that on the FMS V tail )

So ? Looks like I will be going Elevator / Aileron / Motor with two 9g servos .. 10 or 12A ESC with a motor I already have . ( 3 ch )
Flysky 4ch Rx from GB .. Battery ?????
Wow , battery will be what ever gives CG and WEIGHT ...
5A current draw , wont need a huge battery . Maybe around 500mAh 2s .

Accessories - Not really sure the kit maker knew what direction they were going here ..
Not horrible , but a little lacking for build options .

I will probably do a post for each part of the build , starting with the elevator servo / elevator and gluing the fuse elevator ..
After that will be the motor install , and then the wing ( Ailerons ) ..
With a final assembly then CG games ..

Thats the plan

Part 2

Maiden Flight
Last edited by old4570; Jul 30, 2019 at 12:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply