This thread is privately moderated by FlySkyRC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 22, 2019, 11:15 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Let ' s talk about the FlySky Paladin PL18 before its official global launch.

The factory will start shipping the Paladin PL18 on July 25th (Beijing time). This is also the time in which the FlySky Paladin PL18 will be listed globally and I hope I have time to talk to everyone before launch.

1. Testing the PL18
In preparation for the PL18 launch, on June 25th (Beijing time), FlySky’s General Manager Mr. Liu Feng, our team of testers and professional level pilots carried out the last of a long list of comprehensive tests. The testing involved many model types including fixed wing, gliders, helicopters, delta wing and multiple rotor aircraft, among others.

We have 10 FlySky internal testers as well as 15 professional pilots from Australia, Germany, South Korea, Hong Kong and China mainland, specializing in cars, racing boats, FPV, Helicopter, fixed-wings and multicopter. After 6 months of testing and countless bug fixes we are happy to say the final tests indicated that the PL18 has surpassed our expectations.

2. Why does PL18 be waited for so long before its releasing?
We have spent a lot of time coming up with new design iterations from the initial FS-i18 to the FT10, and finally the PL18. This gave us lots of space for experimentation with new software platforms (some are too unstable and react too slowly), more iterations in hardware, UI, switch position, hand grips antenna optimizations, ergonomics, RF development and extensive testing.

3. What is the standard of Paladin PL18 in our minds?
We hope that the Paladin PL18 will represent FlySky's pursuit of a higher level of RC equipment. We hope that PL18 is a product that can meet the needs of different users and bring the players a good experience. We hope that PL18 is a different product than the previous FlySky transmitters. Therefore, we have developed a series of new designs including several times better RF technology than the previous generation, equipping with metal and precise Hall Gimbal, doubled battery capacity and more suitable hand grip.

4. Are the Paladin PL18 firmware and subsequent update plan guaranteed?
The PL18’s easy to update firmware has been developed inhouse by us and we are looking forward to developing and adding to it over the coming years.

5. Why is the PL18’s pricing so different to out other product?
Although our previous flagship, the FS-i10, is an amazing all-round system the PL18 is a massive improvement in a lot of ways. For more information on the differences refer to this chart:

Due to the massive upgrade the PL18 represents over all our other products as well as the amount of time and effort that has went into the design and development of the PL18 we believe it fits the new price point well.

If you would like more information about the PL18 and our future products please comment or sent us a message, we will review the comments and get back to everyone!

Thank you for the support!

FlySky MKT
William Zhang
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2019, 01:23 PM
I have been following this TX since it's initial info was released. Love seeing where it is now! Where is a valid distributor to order this with both RX's?
Jul 29, 2019, 03:04 AM
What is the difference between the 2 modules ? Is it backwards compatible with the older Flysky receivers ? How about using a different module like FRSky or Multimodule?
Jul 29, 2019, 10:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultbg
What is the difference between the 2 modules ? Is it backwards compatible with the older Flysky receivers ? How about using a different module like FRSky or Multimodule?
there are 2 AFHDS3 receivers(FTr10 and FTr16s) in the pl18 package. 2 other receivers(FTr4 and FTr8) are optional.

AFHDS 2A receivers will be supported in the subsequent firmware.

pl18 support TBS CrossingFire and FRM301,FRM302. it will support other ppm RF modules in the subsequent firmware, too.

these are the AFHDS 2A receivers that pl18 will support in the future: iA10B, iA10, iA6B, iA6, iA4B, iA4C, BS4, A6, A3 and X6B.
Jul 30, 2019, 03:11 AM
What is the difference between FRM301 and FRM302 ?
Jul 31, 2019, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultbg
What is the difference between FRM301 and FRM302 ?
you can see the picture.
Aug 15, 2019, 09:17 PM
When will the new receivers be available for purchase I need 20 to start with our club of 135 + members will need me to have them on hand
Aug 18, 2019, 10:02 PM
Need more receivers when will they be avail ???

Quick Reply