Jul 22, 2019, 06:59 PM
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
Thread OP
Discussion

Esaki shortage

Thiers been talk re esaki shortage, one individual explained the problem "which was the right thing to do, while others are gold bricking just shop around and youll see who it is
Last edited by lectroglide; Jul 27, 2019 at 05:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2019, 11:06 AM
OH the HORRORs of having to stoop to using (eew) "domestic" tissue!!!

Guess well find out who can /will adapt?
Jul 23, 2019, 02:42 PM
There's always Gampi. I'll admit I haven't used any yet, but it was easy to find some months ago, from an art supply place on line. They even listed the weight per square meter.
Jul 23, 2019, 03:40 PM
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
There's always Gampi. I'll admit I haven't used any yet, but it was easy to find some months ago, from an art supply place on line. They even listed the weight per square meter.
just heard that name the other day but didn't know what it was, is it anything like esaki??
Jul 23, 2019, 08:35 PM
It's supposed to be a little lighter. Haven't used it yet, but I have some.
Jul 24, 2019, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide
Thiers been talk re esaki shortage, one individual explained the problem "which was the right thing to do, while others are inflating prices.
News to me; why the shortage?
Jul 24, 2019, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roids
News to me; why the shortage?
The elderly couple in Japan that manufactured it retired. Heard from a very good source that someone else is or about to manufacturer it. Haven't seen or used the replacement yet so I for one am curious how it compares. I was lucky enough to hear of the upcoming shortage last year so I stocked up a bit.
Jul 24, 2019, 02:44 PM
Quote:
The Gampi tissue for model airplanes is also made by the Esaki family. There is gampi fiber art tissue but it is much heavier. If you have found an art supply that carries the model tissue, who are they?

KF
Jul 24, 2019, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSw
The elderly couple in Japan that manufactured it retired. Heard from a very good source that someone else is or about to manufacturer it. Haven't seen or used the replacement yet so I for one am curious how it compares. I was lucky enough to hear of the upcoming shortage last year so I stocked up a bit.
Thanks. For as much Esaki I have used I never knew it was a family business. I wish them a long life and happiness.
Jul 24, 2019, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyfritters
The Gampi tissue for model airplanes is also made by the Esaki family. There is gampi fiber art tissue but it is much heavier. If you have found an art supply that carries the model tissue, who are they?

KF
I forget. However, it didn't take me long to find them. A lot of these places list the weight of the paper in grams per square meter.
Jul 24, 2019, 08:13 PM
BTW, some of these places sell to book restorers, which may be a clue.
Jul 25, 2019, 01:44 AM
BOYCOTT SCAMAZON
Thread OP
Quote:
It's supposed to be a little lighter. Haven't used it yet, but I have some.
where did you find it??
Jul 25, 2019, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide
where did you find it??
Search on internet.

Just checked the package. It was from fineartstore.com or something like that.
Jul 26, 2019, 04:01 PM
This happens once or twice a year lately. So far it’s been untrue.
Aug 02, 2019, 03:11 PM
This time could be for real though.

Quick Reply