This thread is privately moderated by Bell47G2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 22, 2019, 02:26 PM
AeroDan
Thread OP
Discussion

Top Gun: Maverick (06/26/20)

Well, it looks like we FINALLY got a theatrical release date now. I HATE going to the theater. I haven’t been to a theater since “Red Tails” (01/12). This just MIGHT be a REAL HOOT!!!
Last edited by Bell47G2; Jul 22, 2019 at 08:01 PM.
Jul 28, 2019, 07:00 PM
Murphy was an optimist!
Methinks the story line will require massive suspension of disbelief or serial adult beverage consumption, but likely not as much as watching the abysmal Bay/Bruckheimer lemon Pearl Harbor. (Some things cannot be unseen)
Top Gun was released in 1986 - 33 years ago... If Lt Maverick was 30 then, he'd be ready for SS and Medicare in a couple of years... 😁
The flying scenes are likely to raise the bar as they did in the original, and look to be the only reason I'd consider watching it...

SNARK ALERT... Given that Mav is now 63,
  • How does he get from his walker to the cockpit?
  • Did Geritol, Polident and Depends arrange for some product placement scenes?
  • Will the beach volleyball game be replaced with a rousing game of shirtless shuffleboard at the Bachelor Officers' Home?
  • What's up with Ed Harris's character? Not to cast a stone, but Harris is "only" 69 and looks like he just turned 90. Being Hollyweird, I'd expect them to "younger" him up a bit. God knows they can work miracles... Not a good image for the USN, unless they're looking to attract Medicare recipients to serve.
Jul 30, 2019, 01:24 AM
AeroDan
Thread OP
You’re 1000% correct on all of the above. I’m just grateful for some NON-BS-CGI aerialtography.

Quick Reply