This thread is privately moderated by Terry Dean, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 22, 2019, 12:13 PM
Trader Rating: 32
Thread OP
$12.95 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Putt Putt Steam Boats (toys)

Vintage Tin Steam Engine PT-109 Torpedo Patrol Boat. These are vintage toy steam-powered boats (and not r/c), so I hope I'm not out of line listing them here.

Made from tin, this fascinating steam powered toy boat was made by the Indian Firm Rattendeep Enterprise. They are truly "steam powered"! You can run them anywhere, even in a small pan of water at home.

A popular toy in the early to mid 20th century before clockwork and battery power became popular (and affordable)

Includes instructions, candles, fuel holder, etc, and will also run using olive oil and a piece of candle wick or thin string. The instructions recommend minimum age of 9-years old to use. Parental supervision is a must. For those of you that don't remember these, they are simple to run. Just fill the small tank with water, light the candle (or use oil/wick) and turn them loose. Clean the burner occasionally if using candle power.

The original box is in excellent condition, as are all the included pieces. The boat, accessories and instructions are all contained in the box.

Years ago I used to import these little steam boats (early 1980's). I have only 8 remaining. After these are sold there will be no more. I out a few back to use with my Grandson in another year or two. We used to run them in a 4" x 36" dia pan of water at trade shows and they were so much fun.

I also have about a dozen of the (pictured) 5.5" long runabout remaining. I'll sell those for $5.95 each.

Shipping will be a flat $5.95 (per order), regardless if you want one boat, or all of them. Any questions, please ask.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2019, 01:00 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Lot of water; some gets thin
Are the runabouts complete with all parts needed to allow them to run?
Jul 22, 2019, 04:44 PM
Trader Rating: 19
PM sent. Two different colors?
Jul 22, 2019, 05:06 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Lot of water; some gets thin
Pm sent.
Jul 25, 2019, 06:02 AM
Trader Rating: 9
They are fun, I still have my mothers original one.
Jul 25, 2019, 06:58 AM
Trader Rating: 4
Central Florida
pm sent

Quick Reply