Jul 25, 2019, 10:19 AM
Work hard, play hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
We're still recovering from those very early announcements and the premature speculation that goes along with it. Anyway, that's not how we roll now.

As far as landing gear goes if it can take my landings it will take yours. They don't call me capt'n Kangaroo for nothing.

All will be revealed this week. Have your drink coupons ready!
I never make bad landings although I often log multiple excellent landings off a single approach.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2019, 10:31 AM
Quote:
You should be able to buy a plane from us and it just work. I wouldn't be doing my job if you had to throw things out and I think you'll be happy with what we've spec'ed it with. However, there will be a very small amount of kits available. Once they are gone they are gone.
Wouldn't that be nice! Many stock power systems are adequate but some of us want more .
Jul 25, 2019, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Brand spanking shiny new mold
I've always wanted the RCLander version but have held off due to cost. With a new mold (RCLander version has been around a long time) this has become very tempting. Sounds easy to remove the wings as well. Might be my birthday jet
Jul 25, 2019, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes
90mm Mig?
It has been too long since HK offered anything that size...
Still enjoying the HK 90mm F16 and L39 bought many years ago.
The Skysword is 90mm
Jul 25, 2019, 02:19 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision...
The Skysword is 90mm
I am wondering if they will be using the same power system then or something completely new.
Jul 25, 2019, 02:26 PM
retired ATC
this week ends pretty quick…...
Jul 25, 2019, 03:23 PM
Lithium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125
Wouldn't that be nice! Many stock power systems are adequate but some of us want more .
MiG-17's are - much like the MiG-15 - very slippery airframes that fly quite well and fast on relatively little power

Unless the ducting is completely screwed up ...

The one below was doing ~130mph easy until it disintegrated in midair

Jul 25, 2019, 04:48 PM
the wait is killing me...... I'm hoping the price is "right"...... I wonder if it is an all new mold...... why is it, "when they are gone, there gone...." Why a flash in the pan?
Jul 25, 2019, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
MiG-17's are - much like the MiG-15 - very slippery airframes that fly quite well and fast on relatively little power

Unless the ducting is completely screwed up ...

The one below was doing ~130mph easy until it disintegrated in midair

What Mig 17 did you have?.
Like the RC lander Mig 17, the manual says it needs a little power
To fly. Even just turn off the power and glide around ... :-)

Why your Mig17 disintergrate in the air? Too much power ?
:-)

Jul 25, 2019, 05:10 PM
Work hard, play hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher39
the wait is killing me...... I'm hoping the price is "right"...... I wonder if it is an all new mold...... why is it, "when they are gone, there gone...." Why a flash in the pan?
I think that Ian was referring to the electronicsless ARF Version. Only a few were made and no follow-on production planned.
Jul 25, 2019, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Did you read the thread about that?
Jul 25, 2019, 05:17 PM
I’m guessing at least $500. That’s how much it takes to get a quality 90mm edf based on the freewing and e-flite planes.
Jul 25, 2019, 05:20 PM
Quote:
If they invested in a new mold my assumption is that this plane may be around awhile. Gotta make the $$$ back. Too bad ARF's will be limited production though. When you spec out a RCLander Mig with all the goodies; landing gear and doors, servos, speed brake, poly coat, motor and esc it gets to the $500 mark. That is more than I can afford so will be curious on the price and features of the Avios.
Jul 25, 2019, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacono
If they invested in a new mold my assumption is that this plane may be around awhile. Gotta make the $$$ back. Too bad ARF's will be limited production though. When you spec out a RCLander Mig with all the goodies; landing gear and doors, servos, speed brake, poly coat, motor and esc it gets to the $500 mark. That is more than I can afford so will be curious on the price and features of the Avios.

If you want to save money and need big size jets?
Just get the 80mm airframe jets from MRC, the size
Is more or less same as 90mm. But the operating cost
With 80mm fan Is much less. For ex, the freewing Mig 21.

Even the new Freewing F18 90mm offers the 80mm option
for those who want to save the cost.

Just my opinion though.

Jul 25, 2019, 05:33 PM

Everything you wanted to know about the MiG 17

... and probably a lot more

MiG 17 Walkaround Randy Ball (15 min 58 sec)

Quick Reply