Jul 25, 2019, 01:23 AM
Blue Remembered Hills
Looks like this will be my first foray into 90mm EDF's having only had 6S 70mm and 80mm examples so far.
Goes without saying those tough as nails retracts are good for grass strips like PEMAC Ian ? (I've just joined up)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2019, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
Plenty of room for a battery and rotates with ease! Landing is close to glide in with perhaps a click of the throttle.
Subscribed!
Jul 25, 2019, 02:16 AM
I’m looking for an Avanti replacement. I love the MiG15 but this will do. I’m curious!
I’d try and see if an ARF with an 80mm would work. Some have done it with the Freewing Vampire.

Here a vid of the RCLander ‘17
Mig 17 RC Lander 90mm EDF jet Maiden flight (10 min 2 sec)
Jul 25, 2019, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
Perhaps.

If there was an ARF version there won't be many. When they are gone they are gone.
That's not a very good idea. I'm sure more that just a few people are going to want one so we can use quality electronics. Not to say that this has terrible parts but I'm sure that stock system cant compare to a jf90/HET/castle setup. Just sayin, for me it doesn't make sense to buy PNP and chuck the stock stuff in a bin.
Last edited by JLink125; Jul 25, 2019 at 03:44 AM.
Jul 25, 2019, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125
Just sayin, for me it doesn't make sense to buy PNP and chuck the stock stuff in a bin.
You should be able to buy a plane from us and it just work. I wouldn't be doing my job if you had to throw things out and I think you'll be happy with what we've spec'ed it with. However, there will be a very small amount of kits available. Once they are gone they are gone.
Jul 25, 2019, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011
I still have few power systems unused.
How can I contact and order a mig 17 ARF
version. Please.
Thx.

You can order them through the website when they are listed.
Jul 25, 2019, 07:03 AM
When is the official announcement Ian ?
Jul 25, 2019, 07:25 AM
From the picture the wheels seem terribly small. How does it do on one inch grass?
Jul 25, 2019, 07:54 AM
One Inch is pretty thick for a model strip? I reckon you're only getting a tundra of grass that thick

I fly off a grass strip and the filming was done on a grass strip. The wheels are plenty big enough.
Jul 25, 2019, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliamgt
When is the official announcement Ian ?
This week.
Jul 25, 2019, 08:16 AM
Work hard, play hard
Ian, will the MiG be in stock as soon as the Big Reveal occurs, or will it be a preorder?

Even though we're all itching to know more about the MiG, I think you guys are doing the right thing by not announcing it until it's ready for release. You guys took some real knocks over the early announcement of the Bf-109 Emil, Grand Tundra, and the Avios Spit. I've been wanting a MiG-15, -17, -19 in a comparable size to my Freewing F-86 for some time. With a 90mm fan, maybe, it's even larger scale than the Freewing F-86. Anyway, Kudos to you guys for bringing this plane to market!! Also, I'm happy to hear that the gear will be sturdy. I'm a grass-field flyer, and no matter how graceful the takeoff and landing, it's tough on the gear. Maybe, the manufacturer has used more than one dab of glue to hold the trunion box in the wing, or is that just crazy talk? :-)
Jul 25, 2019, 08:29 AM
We're still recovering from those very early announcements and the premature speculation that goes along with it. Anyway, that's not how we roll now.

As far as landing gear goes if it can take my landings it will take yours. They don't call me capt'n Kangaroo for nothing.

All will be revealed this week. Have your drink coupons ready!
Last edited by HobbyKing_Ian; Jul 25, 2019 at 08:35 AM.
Jul 25, 2019, 09:41 AM
Funny, people wanting to know how to order a plane that hasn't been released yet.
Jul 25, 2019, 09:47 AM
90mm Mig?
It has been too long since HK offered anything that size...
Still enjoying the HK 90mm F16 and L39 bought many years ago.
Jul 25, 2019, 10:17 AM
Work hard, play hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickstop
Funny, people wanting to know how to order a plane that hasn't been released yet.
Is that aimed at me? It’s not a silly question to ask if the plane will be immediately available or if it’ll be preorder. Unless something seems really off when the plane is announced, I’ll be in the first wave to buy one.
Last edited by Oxotnik; Jul 25, 2019 at 11:55 AM.

Quick Reply