Dec 08, 2019, 01:56 AM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes
3.6v after landing can easily mean 3.2 under load during flight.
Maybe BUT! I've tried with a CC10A BEC and it still cut out! All this only started after she had that bounced landing and snapped nose strut off and the small wash hit the fusi and shorted out the gear sequencer
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2019, 11:46 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
Are you still using the stock switching box? Also have you tried another Rx?
Dec 08, 2019, 11:53 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
I would run up to at least half throttle on the bench for at least 2 min with only the fan hooked up. If it does not stumble or pulse then start connecting servos and gear one at a time.
Dec 08, 2019, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69
Are you still using the stock switching box? Also have you tried another Rx?
No I ditched that on bench it fried! ripped it right out! Yes a proven X8R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69
I would run up to at least half throttle on the bench for at least 2 min with only the fan hooked up. If it does not stumble or pulse then start connecting servos and gear one at a time.
I tried that and no servo lead seemed to cause it- in fact I could not make it occur, but in the air it does and usually as gear are retracting! but on last flight I went vertical and it pulsed so that was not from gear, unless the gear are causing it
Dec 08, 2019, 05:58 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
I would try swapping out the receiver next then. Especially after that hard hit/ pin break.
Dec 08, 2019, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner
I would try swapping out the receiver next then. Especially after that hard hit/ pin break.
I did try another X8R when it first happened- did same- I have 2 NiB X8Rs but am saving for my EF Su30 thats sitting in a bloody Fedex trailer waiting for monkeys with baseball bats to beat it into a delivery van!! Friday it said On Vehicle for Delivery, it did not show up, now it says Expected Delivery: Pending

I just ran a fully charged 5200 HS thru her- could not make it cut out- cycled the gear several times, no ill effects, I'll try one of the new X8Rs
tomorrow se if that changes anything!
Dec 08, 2019, 11:04 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
Hang in their !

Reminds me of this one

Seinfeld — Newman's Bicycle Verdict (2 min 20 sec)
Dec 09, 2019, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic liner
Hang in their !

Reminds me of this one

https://youtu.be/wsbgwNe4Rv4
I've watched every episode of Seinfeld at least 3 times!! Somehow I doubt this will work with Fedex
Dec 10, 2019, 03:51 AM
Another flight another Emergency landing! The new X8R did not solve the issue-
I will swap out a HW 100A Opto as soon as I can find one on my planes!
Dec 10, 2019, 03:52 AM
Hunting for an HW 100A Otpo now....

Avios MiG17 Leaves Life #6 on the Beach (9 min 46 sec)
Dec 10, 2019, 06:46 AM
Hi MIG pilots!!

My MIG 17 is arriving today.
I ordered the turbine conversion kit from HAB. Henke inspired me to put a Kolibri in this plane.
Already printed updates while waiting for the Jet to arrive.
Dec 10, 2019, 09:31 AM
Jet, aerotow and heli junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch51
Hi MIG pilots!!

I ordered the turbine conversion kit from HAB. Henke inspired me to put a Kolibri in this plane.
You will love it. I used the same conversion in my X45 powered 17.
Flys great at 25N - lots of flight time.

dw
Dec 10, 2019, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch51
Hi MIG pilots!!

Wow I'm envious!! Will you post build video?? Hey where did you get the print files? can you post them!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokaidobb
You will love it. I used the same conversion in my X45 powered 17.
Flys great at 25N - lots of flight time.

dw
Awesome!

Speaking of Awesome check out my latest addition to Russkie Flot
Dec 10, 2019, 01:18 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
Hunting for an HW 100A Otpo now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHp3KuTnGEM
I had this same exact issue with my new Turnigy Plush 32 ESC on my 80mm Mirage 2000. I contacted HK and they sent me a new one but by then I had replaced mine with a Hobbywing 100A which worked perfectly right from the start. Its the ESC not controlling the motor - and I tried all the three timing allowances as well. So you may want to try swapping the timing to see if it helps. Easy answer is swap out the ESC.
Latest blog entry: ESC and BEC Steup
Dec 11, 2019, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo
I had this same exact issue with my new Turnigy Plush 32 ESC on my 80mm Mirage 2000. I contacted HK and they sent me a new one but by then I had replaced mine with a Hobbywing 100A which worked perfectly right from the start. Its the ESC not controlling the motor - and I tried all the three timing allowances as well. So you may want to try swapping the timing to see if it helps. Easy answer is swap out the ESC.
Yup I hope you're right- I'm trying to pull a 100A Opto form a plane just have to find one first!

Quick Reply