This thread is privately moderated by nigelsheffield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 20, 2019, 08:33 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuthaNasi
Which shipping method did you choose? I'm also from NL and looking to order something at Qwin but they don't offer any guarantees against customs taxes (invoerkosten). Please let me know if you had to pay extra to get the package from the carrier!

They would absorb any customs charges, and take care of that. I selected the tracked shipping option, 3usd, which they assured would give no tax issues. Maybe that explains the weird tracking, possibly the tracking only starts to work when the item is within the EU, and shipped means it departed from the import location/country.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 02:05 PM
Quad arrived today, box factory sealed, and inside the box the quad was also still sealed. Qwinout must have some very skilled testers, who can check and test a quadcopter without breaking both seals...

Impossible to say if the quad shipped later, because of no stock, or whether it took a two-stage journey, to handle import taxes.
Aug 21, 2019, 07:51 AM
All my stuff from them has been coming through in 'reasonable' times. Shipping from China is undeniably odd, and there can be substantial delays once the parcel enters the Canadian system and starts its long journey across the continent. When we're ordering direct from the other side of the world we need to have appropriate expectations - there are other (more expensive) options if the vagaries of international shipping don't match our requirements
Aug 21, 2019, 02:50 PM
I am aware of the challenges of buying from China, when it comes to shipping. But if a customer asks about an order, it's not too much to expect a real answer, instead of some clearly fake "we needed several days to check and test the drone, before we could ship it" excuses. I'd rather hear that it turned out not to be in stock when ordered, or another logical explanation, instead of something that simply can't be true. Apart from the seals being intact confirming no testing could have been done, this "testing" also failed to notice the EOS2 camera has an issue that makes FPV flying almost impossible. In certain tilt angles, the image becomes distorted, and with a black horizontal band covering part of the image as well. I think the Caddx Eos 2 should be declared illegal, and put behind bars. I have 3 of these now, and each one has at least one issue, some even had multiple issues.
Aug 22, 2019, 05:46 AM
Yes, I totally agree with you as far as straight answers go. I can see how sellers on Aliexpress are pushed towards misleading behaviour, but I'm not quite sure why an independent vendor like qwin/xt-xinte feel it's the best way to go. It seems to be the 'normal' way of doing business, so I accept it for what it is. On the whole, this vendor seems to have been doing better than average for me, including shipping products that are new to market in a timely fashion (I splurged on a jumper T16 and a caddx tarsier and they are both here now).

The EOS2 is an odd beast. I bought 2 from xt and they are ok-ish. I have a runcam nano which does the distorted banding thing that you describe, and it cost twice as much as the EOS2. When it isn't distorting/banding the nano produces a slightly better image, but not 2x better. Choices, choices.
Aug 23, 2019, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesXX
Yes, I totally agree with you as far as straight answers go. I can see how sellers on Aliexpress are pushed towards misleading behaviour, but I'm not quite sure why an independent vendor like qwin/xt-xinte feel it's the best way to go. It seems to be the 'normal' way of doing business, so I accept it for what it is. On the whole, this vendor seems to have been doing better than average for me, including shipping products that are new to market in a timely fashion (I splurged on a jumper T16 and a caddx tarsier and they are both here now).

The EOS2 is an odd beast. I bought 2 from xt and they are ok-ish. I have a runcam nano which does the distorted banding thing that you describe, and it cost twice as much as the EOS2. When it isn't distorting/banding the nano produces a slightly better image, but not 2x better. Choices, choices.

I got a further explanation. Basically "in stock" can mean it's actually in stock, as it should be. But it can also mean that the factory has enough parts, but it still needs to be assembled, tested, sealed and shipped to the warehouse, before it can be shipped to the customer...

I think that is a different idea about what "in stock" means for most of us. Basically it boils down to "it's still available" as in being a currently made product, and not discontinued. So what other shops would and should call "backordered" is here also called "in stock, but you have to wait a week or so for the product to be made first, before we can ship it to you."

I'm really getting some weird flashback moments here, as that is just how the problems started with Gearbest, selling items, even put on sale, with the shipping date being the one that they expect to actually have stock, to start shipping, but meanwhile making it appear like in stock. I do hope that in the future "in stock" has only one meaning, it's physically in the warehouse, and can ship within 24 hours, instead of still being a pile of unassembled parts at the factory.

If you ask a car dealer if they have the car you want in stock, and they say they do, you don't expect that when you go there, you suddenly get to hear that the "in stock" car is still a bunch of parts, and is waiting to be assembled, tested and transported to the dealer.

While "in stock" does automatically mean an item is available, you can't interchange these words directly, as available doesn't have to imply something is in stock, it just means that it's possible to still get it in stock. But while it's possible I could one day get the jackpot, I should not start spending money like I did already win it, until it actually happens.
Aug 25, 2019, 04:59 AM
Btw, is QWinOut related to this? https://www.quaddronesbay.com/product-tag/qwinout/

That's what comes up first when I google the name.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Aug 25, 2019 at 09:18 AM.
Aug 25, 2019, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Btw, is QWinOut related to this? https://qwi.quaddronesbay.com/product-tag/qwinout/

That's what comes up first when I google the name.
I'm getting a "this site can't be reached" error.
Aug 25, 2019, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PXSS
I'm getting a "this site can't be reached" error.
Accidentally added qwi to the url...
Sep 04, 2019, 06:04 AM
Any codes for the old Xt-xinte site? I wanted another MX3 frame, but at QwinOut it's 38 usd, and 22 USD at XT-Xinte, so even with 20% off on QWO, it's still much more expensive than on the old website...
Sep 04, 2019, 06:42 AM
Thread OP
Did you try nigelsheffield123 ?
That's a big difference in price!
Might be worth sending a message to them and pointing it out, they will probably adjust the price ( hopefully the QWinOut price down and NLT xt price UP lol )
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Sep 04, 2019 at 09:32 AM.
Sep 04, 2019, 07:47 AM
Your code only works once, afaik. And I already used it for my Mobula 7 a long time ago. You mean QWO price down to Xt site level, not meet in the middle, then no matter what, I'll always pay more.
Sep 04, 2019, 09:33 AM
Thread OP
Yes I meant just lower qw price , I missed out the word NOT lol.

Quick Reply