This thread is privately moderated by JohnCC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 22, 2019, 12:11 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Diatone 2019 GT R349 TBS VTX Edition 135mm 3 inch 4S FPV Racing RC Drone

Diatone 2019 GT R349 TBS VTX Edition 135mm 3 inch 4S FPV Racing RC Drone (aff)
US$149.99 Promotion Sale From July 16 to July 31

Video Reviews

Diatone 2019 GT R349 TBS VTX Edition (Setup & Flight Review) (12 min 51 sec)

Main Specifications

● Weight: 130g
● FC: Mamba F405mini/MPU6000 ;OSD;16M Flash;BEC
●Camera: RunCam Micro Swift
● VTX: TBS UNIFY 800mW
● ESC: Mamba F25 /25A 4S ESC Dshot 600
● Motor: Mamba Racing MB1408 4000KV

Photos

R-XSR Receiver Installtion

Diatone 2019 GT R349 TBS VTX Edition PNP vesion comes with a R-XSR connector ready to use. It's wired for SBUS only -- but it is plug & play. There is not a lot of room on the Diatone TBS editions stack at all! This leaves you with 3 possible mounting locations for the receiver; under the camera, up the canopy/cover, or on the back. I chose the top cover. I placed a thin piece of 3M VHB tape in the roof and got it in there. You want to make sure that it isn't touching anything when you do this because you don't want to transfer any vibrations from the frame to the stack. Route the wires around the side of the cap on the TBS unify, there is enough slack, and you'll succeed.

When you're done, run the antenna wires down the arms and secure with heat shrink. I ran the antennas directly under the ESC wires to help secure them, and then applied the zip ties with heatshrink.

Buzzer Installtion

If you follow my above method of installation for R-XSR, you can do the buzzer installation at the same time. Diatone includes a buzzer with a 2-pin 1.25mm jst connector, which can be directly plugged in with a small dangling wire from the front by the camera. You will NEED to increase the camera angle, and that is one "downside" of this. Here is a screenshot of the installation. Make sure the buzzer is not touching the board and try to keep it from touching the camera too if you can -- it's all about preventing vibrations.

Personally, I like the increased angle that I changed mine too, I always run with a pretty high angle on my cameras. But some pilots prefer less. There is only one other way to get this buzzer mounted elsewhere -- and that would be on the very back of the quad. However, you will need to either do some soldering or purchase 1.25mm 2-pin jst extension cables to get it back there. This method of placing it under the camera I believe is the easiest.

RSS In Betaflight OSD

In betaflight, you're going to have to enable this setting for the OSD as it doesn't come preset. This is a bit odd that it isn't at least enabled within the OSD given the fact that Diatone included a plug specifically for R-XSR, but I digress. Assuming you've set up your FrSky radio with ch16 for RSSI signal setup, you can choose Aux 12 on the BetaFlight receiver page.

Then you can configure the OSD to show it where you would like it to appear:

Battery Strap

By default the Diatone R349 battery strap is actually set up "wrong." It is run directly across , which interferes with placing the rubber gripper included for a battery. You should address this by using tweezers to run the battery strap placement as I have shown here.

Diatone includes 3 battery straps; if you intend to use 850mah 4s batteries you MUST use the included 19cm long strap. The one on by default is not long enough. Battery strap size is 19cm long and 1cm wide, this makes for a very interesting size to find online.

A slightly longer strap would be better, but past 11mm or 12mm there will be problems fitting them in the slits. Oh, the slits are very smooth, which was a nice touch -- you won't have to grind them out or smoothen them to prevent the straps from being easily sliced.

Battery fits fine though with the included strap:

Disclaimer

I’ve received this product from Banggood.com for the purpose of evaluation and review.

It is welcome to post review videos, questions, or links to good deals for this here (keep it reasonable), please just label your affiliate links and review for responsible disclosure. Thank you!
Last edited by JohnCC; Aug 28, 2019 at 05:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply