Jul 21, 2019, 11:04 PM
c/f
c/f
Thread OP
Question

Weird Flite Fest happening.

While at Flite Fest which typically has 30-50 models in sky at any given moment I was flying a speed model with a Graupner ESC-T with a push button voice telemetry to track MAH used once airborne. On this particular model/flight when ever I got 800' down either side of me I would get a telemetry link inactive, I still flew a few more circuits but when the MAH used was not a typical usage for the time airborne I went and landed.

I thought at first telemetry ONLY was going offline because there was no rx strengh and I was OK, however once landing I realized I have rx strenght turned OFF and when I power up a new model I only get telemetry link inactive.

So I would just like to confirm that both rx strength AND telemetry link inactive that the model is going in a failsafe hold setup? I know it was real based on the ESC used MAH and the subsequent recharging MAH shown on Polaran which typically are within 5 mah, this flight was 300mah off.

This event is the most brutal 2.4g enviroment you will see, 2500' long runway packed with flyers entire length NO FLIGHT stations, and 2 50'X100' build tents , and 4 rows deep of campers and tenters entire length of runway, with over 3000 people onsite god only knows how many TX are on at any given moment. When they call COMBAT 3 times a day there are atleast 100-150 planes go airborne with 30-50 going down in first minute. The 3 grandsons love it we had 3 Graupners TX this year and 1 JR/FASST for youngest (maybe next year he'll get the upgrade) without any incident of a locked out model.
Latest blog entry: Amt 180
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2019, 10:02 AM
Do you have a log file?

I recall from previous flight fest events that the telemetry downlink can sometimes get lost with so much 2.4GHz congestion.

As long as your uplink is solid you are good.
Jul 23, 2019, 08:23 AM
c/f
c/f
Thread OP
Ohh boy now I'm even more impressed....

UPDATE.,...

I discovered that I put a 24L in this model since room and weight was not a factor even though it's only 3 channels..,

Now here's what happened 2 years ago I stole one of the antennas off the 24L for a drone mishap 18 Rx. Oh boy flying @ FF 140mph on a single antenna.

What technically did that cause with radio rf ? It is an all balsa model with single antenna route straight upward on turtledeck next to canopy, when you get a chance.
Latest blog entry: Amt 180

Quick Reply