Jul 21, 2019, 06:06 PM
Mongo like wind. Wind Good.
Thread OP
Question

Hobby King order issues?

OK. I have ordered with Hobbyking many times in the past and had no issues whatsoever. Last year I ordered 6 7.2V NiMh stick packs and had a little trouble doing the checkout via Paypal but finally got it to take.

BUT...Today. OMG! I keep getting the "An error has occured, please try back later" upon checkout and yes I have tried my iOS device as well as windows and no dice.

This raised a red flag and I started Googling "Hobbyking checkout problems" and there were NUMEROUS complaints about bad customer service reps not knowing anything all the way to blatent refunds to store credit for no reason and no refund offered. I then checked the BBB website and there are several complaint filings about the above issues so I decided to not just walk away, but RUN AWAY!

Something bad is going on over there and I know some orders must be getting through or their site would be shut down. They still sell on Feebay but their prices are all over the map (especially for shipping).

Look, I like Hobbyking but they are seriously backsliding and reputation is everything.

My suspicion is that Paypal got to many disputes with them and they no longer are allowed payments as Paypal express checkout. I just don't know but I'm staying away for now.

to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2019, 07:07 PM
Me and my Princess...
Could be a "glitch"...
Give it 24 hours and try again.
If the problem persists then sound the alarm.
But...thanks for the "heads up"!
Jul 21, 2019, 08:34 PM
Old newb
Address this in the Hobby King forum

https://www.rcgroups.com/hobbyking-441/
Jul 22, 2019, 09:34 AM
Im afraid HK are not listening to customers concerns despite coming on this forum telling everyone how good they are these days. These problems with HK are now a joke with how long issues have been going on for, they just seem to plunder on creating more & more issues that are self inflicted & telling customers its not HK fault but its customers computers are the problem etc. I have never bought anything on line from other vendors where they cant even get the simple basics of buying things from them right, let alone warranty or shipping issues.

Quick Reply