Sep 07, 2019, 08:06 PM
Very nice flying Scott Thomason, impressive!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2019, 09:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfreestyler
Very nice flying Scott Thomason, impressive!
Yep, you should be proud of Scott, he is a steady pilot and helluva nice guy!
Sep 07, 2019, 09:30 PM
Thread OP
Home. No way to put in a nutshell.

Biggest thanks to Jerry and Jimmy, we couldnt have done it without you guys, ring me anytime...
The wind came up later than yesterday but came on real quick. We finished the rounds as prescribed and results posted. Too many notes and comments for now, some quality flying took place by all.

Thanks to CD Bill D, hes the man...
Thanks to Tim for time and energy spent on the scoring system, the wireless, the vault, and so on. Im proud to be your teammate.
Congrats to All participants, glad to spend a bunch of time with you all
Sep 07, 2019, 10:00 PM

Contest Report

With 20 rounds flown over a 2 day period, we have seen close competition and fine flying by all the entrants.

The F3F Team will be Warren Day, Tim Traver, and Dave Cortina. Warren won 5 rounds, Tim won 2 and Dave won 4.

The team alternates are Brandon Monte and Scott Thomasen. Brandon won 3 rounds and Scott won 4.

Fast time of the meet was flown by Scott Thomasen at 34.67 seconds.

Thanks to our two turn judges, Jerry Millett and Jim Valienesi , to Tim Traver who set up the 20 rounds in the wireless box that talks to The Vault, and to Warren Day for coordinating the event through the USFS, the AMA burocracy, and even the portapotty. Good job, guys.

Full details on the event can be found in the F3X Vault here: https://www.f3xvault.com/?action=eve...&event_id=1617

Bill
Sep 07, 2019, 10:32 PM
Congratulations Team USA.
Sep 08, 2019, 08:46 AM
Congratulations go to: Warren, Tim, and Dave. You flew awesome and will represent us well in France. Grass Mountain can be very challenging and frustrating, but it can also reward you with fast air. Great job by all who organized and ran this event. Always a good time and it was great to see everyone once again. Hope to see you all again soon.
Sep 08, 2019, 09:09 AM
Great flying, Go USA
Sep 08, 2019, 09:15 AM
F3B and F3K
Congratulations to the team USA, Warren, Tim and David, and the alternates Brandon and Scott.

Those guys showed amazing flying skills, getting the planes on step and keeping the momentum through the whole run through precise flying. This really showed when they had their share of bad air and still managed to squeeze out good flight times.

Great flying and best of luck in France!

Thanks to Warren and Bill for running the show and for the helpers at Base B.

Reto
Last edited by RetoF3X; Sep 08, 2019 at 02:12 PM.
Sep 08, 2019, 11:23 AM
Precise flying Warren, Tim and Cortina. We are lucky to have this great team of pilots representing USA. The three had a huge lead after day one, and kept that lead day 2.

Our team alternates Brandon and Scott flew very well and consistent throughout both days.

Congrats to all.

Extra of proud of Scott. This was his first time at Grass Mountain and he flew like a boss both days. Handled the slow air cleanly, and put the fast air to good use.

Thank you SoCal club and organizers for making this happen. Grass Mountain is a lovely site btw.

And special thanks to Jerry and Jim who donated their time in making race flow efficient. Your effort and help is truly appreciated, you guys are the best.

Good luck in France
Sep 08, 2019, 01:19 PM
Correction: Dave Cortina had fast time of the meet at 34.24, Scott Thomasen had second fastest at 34.67.
Sep 08, 2019, 03:08 PM
Expert Rekitter
Wow Guys, Great times and consistency!
Congrats to team and backups, thanks to all volunteers.
We will be well represented!

MR
Sep 08, 2019, 04:09 PM
What a great event and performance by all. I think everyone had some exciting flights and the fellowship was great. We are lucky to have a community that has a fun time together and I am looking forward to the next race where we get Nor Cal, Utah and Texas together again!
Thanks so much for all of you who made the event possible. Bill D., Warren, Jerry, Jim and Tim for the labor intensive tech.
David C
Sep 08, 2019, 09:39 PM
CD, Pilots and workers Thank you for a great time and Congrats to WD, Tim and Dave C for staying in the fast lane. A special Congrats goes out to my Norcal Bud Scott Thomson for some Absolutely Great runs Sunday and making it look easy. Bill and our turn judges did a great job under some warm to hot conditions thank you for spending your weekend with us. Good luck in the F3F big Show.
Last edited by imacswd; Sep 08, 2019 at 09:45 PM.
Sep 08, 2019, 10:17 PM
RCDave
It was Fun in the end and the talent bobbed to the top.
The winners earned it! Yea Team.
Congrats for the winners and hooray to all!
Sep 08, 2019, 10:50 PM
Same sentiments from here. Congrats to all the pilots, and thanks to all who helped with the event, especially our course workers.

I made a video for our friend Dave, but I thought I would go ahead and share it here. It is not up to his high editing standards by any means. I caught Mehrdad in sink air every time I started recording him. Wanted to catch him in a better run, but in the end got no video of him. Sorry Mehrdad!)

Thanks much for all the support!

st

USA F3F Team Selects 2019 (14 min 59 sec)

Quick Reply