Aug 30, 2019, 06:06 PM
Thread OP
Gentlemen, if you would, please chime in with an " Im signed in and paid", so there are no surprises on sunday.

There are NO SIGNUPS ON COURSE, OR AFTER WEDNESDAY, thank you.

If you are signed up on the vault but not with the AMA, youre not signed up. If you are not on the vault, but paid the Ama, youre in, but do sign up on the vault, please.

I dont know everybodys phone number, email address, etc, and I am not going to hunt you down to get yourself signed in and paid up, handle it yourself and take a moment to make sure your homeboy does the same.

WD
Sub 30, kooks!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2019, 07:03 PM
In and paid.

Scott

* thanks to Warren, Bill and SCSR for all the behind the scenes work that these events require
Last edited by curdman; Sep 02, 2019 at 08:54 PM.
Aug 30, 2019, 08:19 PM
I'm your huckleberry
Emailed Colleen with my entry this morning. So should be signed up with AMA and the vault.

Bob
Aug 30, 2019, 08:52 PM
In, paid, in the Vault (Thanks Tim for setting the vault up), and ready as I will be. Weather has been great ALL week. As Warren sez... solid. Safe travels to all.
We see all you Gents next week

Dean
Aug 30, 2019, 09:18 PM
AMA and Vault.........A, OK
Aug 30, 2019, 09:26 PM
Dave, going to miss having you. Understand the life issue and the difficulty, looking forward to flying with you in the near future. Hopping we have a video guy on hand this year, it's always fun revisiting the past events and the outstanding work you have done for the F3F group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Olson
Well, life is doing a great job of getting in the way this year, sadly.

This will be the first F3F Team Select I have not helped out in some form or another since we started them back in 2012. I am very bummed I will not make the event.

Looking forward to next year.

With you in spirit gentlemen! Have fun!
Aug 31, 2019, 02:45 AM
Team USA F3F Member
In and paid up!
Sep 01, 2019, 08:42 AM
In and paid
Sep 01, 2019, 12:32 PM
Thread OP
Thanks
Sep 02, 2019, 01:39 PM
F3B and F3K
Entry and program fee paid to AMA.

Is there an additional fee on the rc-vault for the event that I did not see?

Reto
Latest blog entry: thoughts on contest flying
Sep 02, 2019, 04:38 PM
Thread OP
Not that i am aware of

Thanks for getting squared away
Sep 02, 2019, 07:41 PM

Advice

Fliers and volunteers: As we are only 4 days from the start of the Team Select event, I thought I should post some procedures and rules for our event. In no particular order, here are some things you should be aware of:

We are all going to be in the sun for 9 hours so bring sunscreen and plenty of fluids to drink through the day. Staying ahead of dehydration is the key to feeling good and flying sharp. My guess is that you will see temperatures around 90 deg F( + or -).

We want all fliers to be sure to meet the financial deadlines with AMA and the fees to SCSR so there is no screwup on your entry. Only entrants who have met these requirements may fly the event. There are no Mulligans in slope racing.

We want anyone who will be flying to have signed up in The Vault no later than Wednesday evening, as we will be using that roster to randomize and then set flying order before we arrive Friday morning. Now and for some time that roster has had 13 entrants; be sure your name is there.

Our plan is to start flying as soon as wind speed is adequate, as we have 260 flights to run. Therefore it is critical that everyone be on site at Grass no later than 9AM Friday to sign the 2 required AMA forms, and so we can conduct the pilots' meeting as soon as the paperwork is finished.

There can be NO test flying, trim flying, or any kind of aerial activity on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday before the first round officially begins. Once the last round of the day is finished, the hill will be open but there will be no timing of runs with the gear.

Per the rules, entrants are limited to 3 aircraft for the duration of the contest, though parts of those 3 may be interchanged if desired.

Entrants must set up their pits West of the centerline of the course, which will put everyone safely away from the landing zone on the Eastern end of the site.

Have at least 2 assembled and ballasted models ready to go through the day, as we must follow the " 3 minute" preparation time restrictions. That is, once you have been called to the ready box, the 30 seconds to launch time may start at the CD's discretion after the 3 minutes has elapsed ( IF the next pilot demands it). We hope that the flow will go faster than that and that no one will be fooling with the model once he is called up. It is our plan to have 2 planes called up, present and ready to go behind the CD during the preceding flight and landing, thus insuring the 3 minutes will have elapsed for every flier.

At the pilots' meeting, we will review the procedures and the customs for flying and landing at Grass, and answer any pertinent questions.

See you Friday morning, bright eyed and bushy-tailed, and ready for some fun flying.

Bill
Sep 02, 2019, 09:04 PM
F3B and F3K
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDelHagen
the fees to SCSR so there is no screwup on your entry. Only entrants who have met these requirements may fly the event.

Bill
Hi Bill

To whom can I pay the SCSR fee?

Thanks,
Reto
Latest blog entry: thoughts on contest flying
Sep 02, 2019, 09:35 PM
Reto: All issues involving money are within the jurisdiction of the Organizer, Warren Day. Bring cash or check to him at Grass at sign-up.

Bill
Sep 02, 2019, 11:06 PM
Bill,

All the required paperwork is to be filed with the AMA by tomorrow according to Colleen at the AMA. What paperwork are you referring to that needs to be completed at the slope Friday morning?
Thx!
B

Quick Reply