Thread Tools
Jul 22, 2019, 09:19 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Big Foot 48's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
So.. should your angst be against blacks who were brought here against their will... or against whites who forced them?

I've long agreed that America owed blacks a path to the future out of the poverty that they were forced into. But... white kicking and screaming about affirmative action depicts far too many whites void of compassion who don't care about blacks... except to point a finger.

Norman is correct... too often, we Americans can't see beyond the me.
Ancient, irrelevant history. All the blacks I worked for or with or have known have been very successful. 10 generations have erased the impact of slavery, in reality, but obviously not in the minds of some.

Now, what about that high black murder rate, due to slavery and discrimination? What slavery or discrimination did a black born in 2000 experience? Chicago:
Last edited by Big Foot 48; Jul 22, 2019 at 11:14 AM.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:26 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
Weren’t you all for the NFL’s actions in regards to Colin Kaepernick? Seems he violated his contract and their policies. Why should this woman be treated differently, because she wore a MAGA hat?
Kapernick was engaging at protests in the workplace. If this woman wore a MAGA hat on stage at a pageant you might have a point.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:28 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda466
Talking about racial differences in crime certainly is controversial. You have no evidence that the hat was an issue.
It is not controversial when you are discussing the facts of the situation.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:34 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
It is not controversial when you are discussing the facts of the situation.
I’m no expert on this situation, but according to one of the links, she posted the following:

“Did you know that the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.”

The second sentence is an opinion, or more an admonition, not a fact. And it is a controversial opinion on a controversial topic. As to your point about her not doing it at work, these pageant organizations have always been clear that people under contract with them are ALWAYS acting as a representative of the organization when in public. That would include public posts on social media. She’s dumb and she blew it.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:40 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda466
I’m no expert on this situation, but according to one of the links, she posted the following:

“Did you know that the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.”

The second sentence is an opinion, or more an admonition, not a fact. And it is a controversial opinion on a controversial topic. As to your point about her not doing it at work, these pageant organizations have always been clear that people under contract with them are ALWAYS acting as a representative of the organization when in public. That would include public posts on social media. She’s dumb and she blew it.
Talking about black on black crime is not controversial nor should it be. It is what it is. If someone is talking about cops killing blacks it is very fair to point out how many more blacks are actually killed by other blacks as opposed to cops is relevant.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:40 AM
Registered User
Libelle201B's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
Kapernick was engaging at protests in the workplace. If this woman wore a MAGA hat on stage at a pageant you might have a point.
But you seemed to say this was all about the hat, no? I don’t know what her contract with the organization stipulated, but it is very likely she violated a part or parts of her contract. Are you now making exceptions for who an organization is allowed to discipline ?
Jul 22, 2019, 09:42 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
Talking about black on black crime is not controversial nor should it be. It is what it is. If someone is talking about cops killing blacks it is very fair to point out how many more blacks are actually killed by other blacks as opposed to cops is relevant.
You are conveniently ignoring the second sentence of her post and the entire point I am making.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:43 AM
Registered User
AA5BY's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
Ancient, irrelevant history. All the blacks I worked for or with or have known have been very successful. 30 generations have erased the impact of slavery, in reality, but obviously not in the minds of some.

Now, what about that high black murder rate, due to slavery and discrimination?
I believe you are wrong... though the process of giving equal opportunity has helped greatly... we are not fully their yet. We are not 30 generations from equal education... maybe three at best but ultimately we will not erase the race problem fully until interracial marriage is a norm. We are headed that way... but not there yet.

btw.. between 2014 & 2015... whites killing blacks went up 22+% whereas blacks killing whites went up slightly more than half that at 12%.

Violent crime remained at a 30 year low.

Quote:
Donald Trump has effectively played on Americans' perception of crime – itself buttressed by daily crime coverage in the news – declaring that blacks were responsible for 81 percent of the killings of white Americans, that "African-American communities are absolutely in the worst shape they've ever been in before," and that "inner-city crime is reaching record levels."
All three claims earned "Pants on Fire" ratings from PolitiFact.
Trump is a pathetic opportunist who spreads lies for his political advantages of spreading fear to a base of susceptible ears.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:44 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda466
You are conveniently ignoring the second sentence of her post and the entire point I am making.
Gotta keep it short and sweet.... One subject at a time.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:45 AM
Registered User
What kind of name is “Zhu” anyway? She seems very critical of the way things are done here. Send her back I say.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:46 AM
Registered User
RMSlinkers's Avatar
Why didn't they just call her a racist and be done with it. It seems to work for the most part these days.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:49 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
But you seemed to say this was all about the hat, no? I don’t know what her contract with the organization stipulated, but it is very likely she violated a part or parts of her contract. Are you now making exceptions for who an organization is allowed to discipline ?
Where did I make exceptions? If you are at working or acting in a capacity that is representing the organization that is very different than doing things on your own personal time that are factual and not offensive and being punished for it.

If she did not have a picture wearing that hat this would never be an issue.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:51 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
Where did I make exceptions? If you are at working or acting in a capacity that is representing the organization that is very different than doing things on your own personal time that are factual and not offensive and being punished for it.

If she did not have a picture wearing that hat this would never be an issue.
All of your points have been soundly refuted. Continuing to repeat them does nothing.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:58 AM
Registered User
RMSlinkers's Avatar
She is only being called out because she told the truth and it hurts.
Jul 22, 2019, 10:04 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda466
You are conveniently ignoring the second sentence of her post and the entire point I am making.
I didn't ignore it at all. It is not controversial to point out people should focus on the actual source of deaths within their community before blaming others for it.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Chicago All Black Little League Champions Stripped of Title War is Peace Life, The Universe, and Politics 41 Feb 13, 2015 10:06 PM
Alert Wider power strips...performance gain you can't miss !! khaled_abobakr Ornithopters 5 Dec 25, 2010 01:05 PM
Bug Missing link in title for embedded Vimeo vids Daemon Site Suggestions / Complaints 1 Nov 06, 2010 02:29 PM
Discussion Michigan Hobby Hanger Miss Vintage kloz Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 0 Apr 19, 2007 08:44 PM
Discussion Missing Shaft Spacer = Stripped Main Gear ? dg512055 Mini Helis 0 Jul 02, 2006 10:45 PM