Jul 22, 2019, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
Was she suppose to learn she shouldn't post or deal in facts? There was nothing wrong with what she posted. She was right.
I suspect her contract stipulates staying away from any controversial topics. I doubt it stipulates specific positions to avoid. Iíd say she blew it.
Jul 22, 2019, 08:27 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
If she hadn't had a picture wearing a red hat non of this would ever have been an issue.
In the Twilight Zone maybe
Jul 22, 2019, 08:30 AM
Did she enter a contract that she violated the terms of?

Wearing a maga hat will not get one into a voting booth in Texas. Texas law prohibits the wearing of political clothing within 50' of a voting location.

I suspect that her contract prohibited her from wearing political clothing.
Jul 22, 2019, 08:36 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
Did she enter a contract that she violated the terms of?

Wearing a maga hat will not get one into a voting booth in Texas. Texas law prohibits the wearing of political clothing within 50' of a voting location.

I suspect that her contract prohibited her from wearing political clothing.
All it needs to say is do not bring by the organisation into disrepute.

Then if anything you do or say or wear upsets enough people, you are out.
Jul 22, 2019, 08:41 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Yeah who wants to hear about the extremely high black murder rate? Out you go, young lady! You're deplorable!
Jul 22, 2019, 08:42 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda466
I suspect her contract stipulates staying away from any controversial topics. I doubt it stipulates specific positions to avoid. Iíd say she blew it.
I don't think talking about crime in America is a controversial topic. Apparently wearing a red hat is though.
Jul 22, 2019, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
Like so many are wont to say... bad decisions lead to bad consequences. It's unfortunate she had to learn this the hard way.
Karma - unskilled actions usually bring about negative results. In Christian theology 'you reap what you sow.'
With the man in the whitehouse sowing tweets of hatred and divisiveness on a daily basis, its easy to see how others following his lead would not expect to be admonished for publicly speaking the same way.
Jul 22, 2019, 08:54 AM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopfox
Karma - unskilled actions usually bring about negative results. In Christian theology 'you reap what you sow.'
With the man in the whitehouse sowing tweets of hatred and divisiveness on a daily basis, its easy to see how others following his lead would not expect to be admonished for publicly speaking the same way.
I must of missed it. What "hatred and divisiveness" did she speak out about?
Jul 22, 2019, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Was she suppose to learn she shouldn't post or deal in facts? There was nothing wrong with what she posted. She was right.
Werenít you all for the NFLís actions in regards to Colin Kaepernick? Seems he violated his contract and their policies. Why should this woman be treated differently, because she wore a MAGA hat?
Jul 22, 2019, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by libelle201b
werenít you all for the nflís actions in regards to colin kaepernick? Seems he violated his contract and their policies. Why should this woman be treated differently, because she wore a maga hat?
bingo!
Jul 22, 2019, 09:03 AM
Quote:
I don't think talking about crime in America is a controversial topic. Apparently wearing a red hat is though.
Talking about racial differences in crime certainly is controversial. You have no evidence that the hat was an issue.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
Yeah who wants to hear about the extremely high black murder rate? Out you go, young lady! You're deplorable!
So.. should your angst be against blacks who were brought here against their will... or against whites who forced them?

I've long agreed that America owed blacks a path to the future out of the poverty that they were forced into. But... white kicking and screaming about affirmative action depicts far too many whites void of compassion who don't care about blacks... except to point a finger.

Norman is correct... too often, we Americans can't see beyond the me.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:08 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppopfox
The idea of karma is the result from past lives, not the one we are living currently.

The Bible version of reap what you sow, is talking about the after life, not reaping what you sow in this life.

So you are basically putting forth your own ideas, not based on anything else that you mentioned... Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:11 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
Werenít you all for the NFLís actions in regards to Colin Kaepernick? Seems he violated his contract and their policies. Why should this woman be treated differently, because she wore a MAGA hat?
I was going to use that example but I didn't think that Kaepernick violated his contract... Was not aware of that.
Jul 22, 2019, 09:12 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda466
Talking about racial differences in crime certainly is controversial. You have no evidence that the hat was an issue.
Indeed. The hat conspiracy theory was made up here.

Quick Reply