This thread is privately moderated by Postalflyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 21, 2019, 02:40 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Coming Back To RC - Gone A Few Years

Dear Jim and Members,

Family and life gets real busy at times. I thought when I fully retired at age 67 after 38 years at USPS and 3 years at a local police department I would have more time. However, with a father in law in assisted living, my mother moving from assisted living to skilled nursing it is amazing how fast time gets away from you. Paperwork, computer work, paying their bills, obtaining their personal needs, helping my older children with different tasks...it is a pleasurable work. It is as my trainer about 15 year ago told me "RC will always be there...you can always go back to it.

He was a great trainer having taught me on a 72 mhz nicad Futaba buddy box system / Easy Star and on to a Super Cub LP that I modified with his suggestions. My trainer recently contacted me to see if I would like to purchase some of his old equipment. I got with him...unfortunately he has degenerative optic nerve difficulties. He has no depth perception and trouble with focus. He flew his own real cub for a long time along with learning and doing rc aircraft back when there were no buddy boxes and battery power was only a dream. t really was hard to see him struggle. But with his encouragement as we discussed things going on in life...I am setting aside time early in the mornings and late in the evening to "get back" to the hobby I love. The building / working on both foam and balsa models is so relaxing along with getting an aircraft into the air...I loose track of time sometimes I enjoy it so much.

Life does get busy....however, you can, as I have found out, get the things done that are needed and necessary, but still have time for taking care of your favorite past time and hobby...before that honor / privilege is possibiy taken away from you like it was my trainer.

I plan to begin buying/selling/posting as I can. I know there are many RC friends I made via this website and its forums from several years ago that really made a difference in helping me understand and experience RC. I thank you for all of your knowledge, experience, suggestions, and fair dealing that I experience in the past. I know that will be available again.

Thank You Mr. Jim Graham for all of your and associates efforts,

Respectfully,

Sam T.
Postalflyer
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply