This thread is privately moderated by KristofferR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 20, 2019, 04:37 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

Multiplex Cockpit SX 2,4 repaint

A few weeks ago, I absent-mindedly bid on a Cockpit SX on a local auction site.
What I really wanted was the receiver, but I thought my bid would be too low and forgot about it.

To my surprise I won the auction and got the receiver and transmitter in the mail.

The transmitter was truly hideous. The pics did show it, but I had not been looking at them close enough. The gray surface was worn down, the whole thing dirty and gross.

Hmm. I decided to dismantle and to my disappointment, almost all the plastic pins were broken inside. I threw the parts in a box.

A week later I decided to look at it again and figured there was little to lose by trying to repair it.

After serious cleaning a I painted the front with Tamiya TS-19 metallic blue (white primer underneath) glued the little pins back as best as I could and put the thing back together.

The glue has no chance holding the screws so I had to glue some parts in place and use two pieces of balsa to support the switch board for the toggle wheel and trim buttons.

I also realise how much better my new Cockpit is. So this will be sold when Iím done!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply