Aug 18, 2019, 01:55 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
The Primo 3" is still showing "pre-order" and I'm still pre-thinking about getting one . . . but . . .

On both Xinte's original site, and their QWinOut site they show the Crazybee v3 for less than I've seen any of the v2.x boards anywhere, and this time tried a Flysky version to see if there's less problems than the Crazybee Frskys I've got. I was thinking about it for the 3" Primo, or a Sanchez, and seems like it's behaving and reliable on 3S, even without the capacitor on the plug.

Been having a lot of fun with the Primo 080x with the 1102s, and am still waiting on a couple parts for my 802/16kv version . . . and Summer is winding down already . . . but that price was just too good to pass on. I did pull that pos EOs off it and put on a cheapie KK, and can fly around at night again. Was also looking at a RunCam Nano2, which will fit in a Primo canopy, and QWO still has their 15% off going through the end of August, so it would be less than $18 shipped. Haven't read anything bad about those at all . . .

I thought the BrotherHobby lower kv 1402 motors were 2 & 3S, are really light, and thinking with that board might be a good combination to use with either frame . . .
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 04:31 PM
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
The Primo 3" is still showing "pre-order" and I'm still pre-thinking about getting one . . . but . . .

On both Xinte's original site, and their QWinOut site they show the Crazybee v3 for less than I've seen any of the v2.x boards anywhere, and this time tried a Flysky version to see if there's less problems than the Crazybee Frskys I've got. I was thinking about it for the 3" Primo, or a Sanchez, and seems like it's behaving and reliable on 3S, even without the capacitor on the plug.

Been having a lot of fun with the Primo 080x with the 1102s, and am still waiting on a couple parts for my 802/16kv version . . . and Summer is winding down already . . . but that price was just too good to pass on. I did pull that pos EOs off it and put on a cheapie KK, and can fly around at night again. Was also looking at a RunCam Nano2, which will fit in a Primo canopy, and QWO still has their 15% off going through the end of August, so it would be less than $18 shipped. Haven't read anything bad about those at all . . .

I thought the BrotherHobby lower kv 1402 motors were 2 & 3S, are really light, and thinking with that board might be a good combination to use with either frame . . .
I'm waiting for my Primo 3" and with the 2 weeks window, it'll be awhile before gnarlyfpv gets it shipped out. I'm no hurry cause I have my SF-X with 1103 8k kv spinning 3" props and plus waiting for the NameLessRC whoop board at BG.
Aug 19, 2019, 12:30 AM
I will not buy anything from Banggood again !!!

I've bought over $200 of stuff from them in the last year. My last order, they sent me the wrong connectors/adapters for some antennas and jerked me around for a good two weeks. Didn't want to credit me for the full amount for the two, and wouldn't credit me the shipping I paid them to ship the wrong parts. All this over a less than $5 order . . . an Arby's and a drink cost more, but I won't let somebody rip me off for their scew up. I'll pay more to somebody else just to NOT buy from Banggood, and if nobody else has it, I just won't get it. They can make their money off someone else . . . not from me any more . . .
Aug 19, 2019, 07:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
I will not buy anything from Banggood again !!!

I've bought over $200 of stuff from them in the last year. My last order, they sent me the wrong connectors/adapters for some antennas and jerked me around for a good two weeks. Didn't want to credit me for the full amount for the two, and wouldn't credit me the shipping I paid them to ship the wrong parts. All this over a less than $5 order . . . an Arby's and a drink cost more, but I won't let somebody rip me off for their scew up. I'll pay more to somebody else just to NOT buy from Banggood, and if nobody else has it, I just won't get it. They can make their money off someone else . . . not from me any more . . .
lol I hear you brotha BG has some of the worst customer service in the industry. The easiest thing to do is put a claim in on Paypal or your credit card and submit the evidence and let them deal with it. Now that we have small online FPV Stores in the US that sell the same cheapie china that BG sells at the SAME price it doesnt make sense to use BG anymore. With the exception of course new model comes out or some new product comes out they always have them available in China before the US. I'd look at Pyrodrone (CA), GETFPV (FL), RaceDayQuads (FL), not sure where HeliNation is but I've had great customer service experiences with Pyrodrone , GetFPV and RacedayQuads. The best thing is you dont have to wait like a month to get your stuff from China. I know in the past most of the US stores would only sell the good US based FPV gear like Lumiere, TBS , KISS all the good stuff but these shops now carry both cheapie china and the good stuff. Although the lines are getting blurry Cheapie China is getting better and better.

NOTE: Yes I'm aware its just about all made in China even the good stuff.
Aug 19, 2019, 08:52 AM
Yea banggood is terrible. They are deceptive w/ the shipping times on their websites and will put you through the ringer trying to get anything refunded or replaced. Ive stopped using them unless the deal is unbeatable and mostly go to xt-xinte now which 9x out of 10 has way better prices than banggood already.
Aug 19, 2019, 09:26 AM
BisDak2
I had my moments dealing with BG but I didn't give up the fight and got what i wanted to my satisfaction. I find it ordering small item(s) at a time gets here at a very reasonable days than a big order as they will shipped it separately from their convenience depending of where the availability are.
Aug 19, 2019, 12:12 PM
It's weird, they've been good before and replaced a couple things that the shipper lost with no problem. This last order, trying to tell me I only ordered ONE of them, showed me a copy of ???? . . . I sent back a copy of my invoice. Only wanted to credit me 80% of the cost . . . on a $4.10 order for two RP-SMA connectors . . . that are SMA . . . Grab the fork . . . they're done . . .

I've bought more from Xinte than the next two places. Their customer service is above and beyond what you would expect from the best. They have gone out of their way to make things right, even when I screwed up the order and emailed them with a "HELP !!!"

JMT Official Store on Ali is great too, and there's some kind of business relationship between the two of them. Both on Ebay here. xinte and fmt-model are both xinte's "stores" and JMT goes by game-jmt. Ebay prices are a bit higher, getting hit with the seller fees, but 90+% have "free" shipping.

Fidy, I used most of "those guys" too, and have had good experiences. Helidirect in Indiana has a surprisingly good selection, good prices, and excellent customer service, very quick answering emails. 2 - 3 days standard shipping to me next door in OH.

RMRC & Buddyrc around Columbus are good to deal with, just not a huge selection. RMRC just had another "Flight Fest" taking over a golf course for a weekend event. Was only about an hour away from me, but just didn't work out . . . next year??

Helination is in Illy Noise . . . CS is so-so . . .

I've also had good experience and good quick communication with Gnarly. On my Primo, after reading ??'s post, ??yours?? on the Pick thread, I (pre)ordered 4 of their ▲ vTx adapters. They just sent me 1 of them when the frame kits came in. I emailed them back, and got the reply right away, and sent them right out . . . that was even less than the BG order . . .

My computer business is very local, and I've always tried to support the local home grown businesses in the area when I can. Even if I have to pay a bit more, I still lean towards them. If my wallet starts to say something . . . and there's that much difference, sorry, me and mine still come first . . . but I'm always willing to try . . .
Aug 19, 2019, 12:33 PM
You forgot to add Good Venture Drones to your list of local vendors. It's one of the top places for GNB batteries, also micro parts. IL https://goodventuredrones.com/

Up in Canada, there is https://www.airbladeuav.com/ another topnotch micro parts retailer.
Aug 19, 2019, 12:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msand2081
You forgot to add Good Venture Drones to your list of local vendors. It's one of the top places for GNB batteries, also micro parts. IL https://goodventuredrones.com/

Up in Canada, there is https://www.airbladeuav.com/ another topnotch micro parts retailer.
If you want GNB's buy RaceDay Quad batteries they are white labeled re-branded GNB's at cheaper prices. If you must have the GNB label then I guess that's the place to get them.

I stand corrected it looks like goodventure GNB 550 3s are 9.99 are better priced than the RDQ's @11.49 wonder if shipping cost plays into the mix. BUT there out of stock at Goodventure. I also like these guys. Good fast shipping and there kind of local to me here in Atlanta very cool little shop though. The 550 GNB's or $11 https://graysonhobby.com/gnb-550-3s-xt30-lipo.html
Last edited by Fidy$Trainer; Aug 19, 2019 at 12:59 PM.
Aug 19, 2019, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer
If you want GNB's buy RaceDay Quad batteries they are white labeled re-branded GNB's at cheaper prices. If you must have the GNB label then I guess that's the place to get them.
I have noticed that the RDQs batteries aren't as good as the GNB. Not sure why. I knew they are rebranded and still get them, but they just aren't as good. So I always try and get GNBs first. If they are sold out then go with the RDQs.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:16 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
if all you do is kinda putter around when you fly, you likely wont see much difference from one brand of pack to the other.

let me know when someone like nick burns says RDQ is similar to CLH, or we can see some real test data, then i'll try a pack or 3.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
if all you do is kinda putter around when you fly, you likely wont see much difference from one brand of pack to the other.

let me know when someone like nick burns says RDQ is similar to CLH, or we can see some real test data, then i'll try a pack or 3.
Not sure what you mean by this. Nick Burns has stated a couple of times that he like the GNBs. I think is go to are the german Mylipos thought. He used to be sponsored by CNHL but dropped it. After he dropped the sponsorship I don't see him using them often. I don't think they make the small longer packs thought.

I fly a lot of the RDQs, and I feel a ton of sag halfway through the pack. I'm not a full-throttle pilot either. I haven't flown GNBs for awhile. I might have to get a couple just to compare. I have been doing all backyard flying this summer. All of my GNBs are for the more powerful 2.5" -3" park quads.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:40 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
oops. meant GNB.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:45 PM
I consider batteries just another disposable item, and the cost of going out and playing, but I always look for them on sale. Every couple weeks, Genstattu puts their 32g GensAce 520 mAh batteries on sale, and I picked up a handful for about $4/ea shipped. They do have the red JST connectors, which I guess can be changed, but I just use a JST to XT30 adapter on them. I get a good 5˝ minutes on an 85 Whoop with 1103s, and on the Primo with the 1102s, get a solid 8 minutes, pushing 9. I fly that pretty hard for me, it's really fast, and I usually throw in about ˝ dozen full speed runs up and down the street, along with zipping it around pretty good, for me. At the sale price, I'm gonna grab another ˝ dozen when they run it again.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:59 PM
I wonder if it is because I'm running the 350mah batteries. I get a solid 3-4 minutes out of them on the Primo with 1102 HM 9000kv on 2s. I seem to see everyone else using 450 -520 mah batteries. I bet the small mah just makes them sag.

Quick Reply