Dec 06, 2019, 01:24 PM
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
Thought I remembered reading something about that.

Here's the link to their Primo 3, and I can see what I think are the pads you're talking about in the goodie bag in the bottom right of the first frame picture with the Teal mount with the battery strap through it. I did not get those in my kit . . . but, from their page, down and on the right, where it says "Included" . . . those Motor Adapters . . . are not included . . . in the list, and I didn't get any with my kit. I could, however, buy them separately for $1.25 for eight of them . . .

I took one of the 1402s and lined it up on the arm with the bolt holes, and the shaft & bearing that sticks down below the motor baseplate fits down in the hollow spot and the base sits flat, but I can't tell if the shaft/bearing is rubbing on the c/f on the bottom of the ˝ way drilled hole. I was already thinking about just drilling it through anyway, like every other quad I have that has an open hole for the motor shaft . . . Ya think I should get a pack of them anyway, and would it be any better, or have any advantage to putting the motors on a soft mount pad like that, even with drilling through the hole? All my other Primos just have the motors bolted down to the c/f on the arms with no kind of padding . . . and a hole drilled right through it . . . .
If your 1402 has the same size bearing with your Skystar 1103 then it should have no problem rubbing in the frame but If the shaft protrude more than the depth of the hole then drilling it thru is something you have to do.

When I bought my spare Primo3 frame alone it came with 3d printed motor adapter.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2019, 03:19 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
If your 1402 has the same size bearing with your Skystar 1103 then it should have no problem rubbing in the frame but If the shaft protrude more than the depth of the hole then drilling it thru is something you have to do.

When I bought my spare Primo3 frame alone it came with 3d printed motor adapter.
I have the Skystars on a Beta 85 Whoop frame, and the shaft/bearings on the bottom only go about ˝ way through the plastic where they bolt on. The BHs look like they stick down farther than the Skystars. I think I'm just going to drill them out to be safe, and won't have to worry about them. Makes it easier to lube the motors and bottom bearing anyway. I started spraying a shot of CRC 2-26 lubricant on all of my motors about once a week if I've been flying them a bit when I started putting together my brushed Whoops, and have done the same with the brushless. Don't know if it's necessary, or really does help lubricate them, but even with my brushed, I've had very few motors fry on me . . . knock, knock, knock . . .

All my original Primo kits came with their full bunch of the different battery holders that most people, I would guess, don't keep switching around or even use . . . odd that they would put those adapters in with a plain replacement frame, and not their full kit . . . NBD I guess . . .
Dec 06, 2019, 07:25 PM
BisDak2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
I have the Skystars on a Beta 85 Whoop frame, and the shaft/bearings on the bottom only go about ˝ way through the plastic where they bolt on. The BHs look like they stick down farther than the Skystars. I think I'm just going to drill them out to be safe, and won't have to worry about them. Makes it easier to lube the motors and bottom bearing anyway. I started spraying a shot of CRC 2-26 lubricant on all of my motors about once a week if I've been flying them a bit when I started putting together my brushed Whoops, and have done the same with the brushless. Don't know if it's necessary, or really does help lubricate them, but even with my brushed, I've had very few motors fry on me . . . knock, knock, knock . . .

All my original Primo kits came with their full bunch of the different battery holders that most people, I would guess, don't keep switching around or even use . . . odd that they would put those adapters in with a plain replacement frame, and not their full kit . . . NBD I guess . . .
I'm really tempted to build up my Primo3 instead of a back up frame but money is uptight specifically on the holiday season, buying kids gift and whatnot, might have to wait until the holidays over after all I still have a TP5 to focus on

I have a collection of those 3d printed battery holder from Primo as well, useless for my needs.
Dec 09, 2019, 02:15 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by humayraykinaon
I'm really tempted to build up my Primo3 instead of a back up frame but money is uptight specifically on the holiday season, buying kids gift and whatnot, might have to wait until the holidays over after all I still have a TP5 to focus on

I have a collection of those 3d printed battery holder from Primo as well, useless for my needs.
What would you do different on the new Primo 3? My two regular Primos are 802/16kvs and 1102/9kvs and are noticeably different flyers, both fun though

This time of year has always been about everybody else, especially the kids, even the grown up ones . . . We still try to get a few things to wrap up, and even do a big stocking full of "presents" with the stuff they use all the time. I know some people don't like them, or at least the idea, but we've never given a gift card that didn't fit, or wasn't their style. I always liked the ones I've got, and have always been a perfect fit.

I know last year, a LOT of the shops/stores/websites were running really good super sales after Christmas, and even right after New Year. I've always thought the quads I've got a really good deal on the parts for fly a lot better . . .

Definitely would like to know how your monster Pick turns out, and sounds like an interesting project . . . a bit above my pay grade right now though, but do want to hear about it.
Dec 17, 2019, 12:15 PM
Thread OP
So I decided to do something stupid. I got my new 3" Primo frame and decided to put my favorite 3" motor's 1304 5000kv on my favorite ultralight frame. I'm hoping the frame holds up but doubtful. Almost done with the build.
Dec 17, 2019, 12:23 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
wrap the weak points with floss and CA. bet it lasts far longer than the others.
Dec 17, 2019, 01:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
wrap the weak points with floss and CA. bet it lasts far longer than the others.
Do you happen to have a pic handy on what it would look like. Do you wrap it tight or loose? The last setup where the knuckles broke was using the 1204's and I dont recall having any major crashes.
Dec 17, 2019, 08:27 PM
Trith_FPV
Most newer 4in1 Esc's come with current sensors built in. My recent 3" build swings 1408 4100kv motors. On 3S with a 750mah lipo I'm pulling 42A max current on full throttle.
Dec 17, 2019, 09:39 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Pics are in the tweaky/zappy thread.
You wrap it tight.

Quick Reply