Jul 22, 2019, 04:28 PM
Build a scale plane already!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
Charger normal $60 Batteries NORMAL $28 each $110 PLUS SHIPPING Seems like good deal to get a HIGH Quality charger ?
Who pays $28 for a 3s 1100??

I can get 3s 1300 at value hobby for $11,, didn't really "need" them,, so paying the extra just made it not worth it to me,, your experience may vary
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2019, 05:33 PM
blissinindy
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
Who pays $28 for a 3s 1100??

I can get 3s 1300 at value hobby for $11,, didn't really "need" them,, so paying the extra just made it not worth it to me,, your experience may vary
Charger without 3s batteries - $40 plus shipping
Charger with two 3s 1300 batteries - $50 plus shipping ... Shipping may be a few $ higher ...

So essentially a two battery (sale price) add for the price of one value hobby battery ... And I was interested in the charger anyway
Jul 23, 2019, 05:30 AM
AMA 1242
Thread OP

cellpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissinindy
Charger without 3s batteries - $40 plus shipping
Charger with two 3s 1300 batteries - $50 plus shipping ... Shipping may be a few $ higher ...

So essentially a two battery (sale price) add for the price of one value hobby battery ... And I was interested in the charger anyway
Well I am sure FMA is not using a FLAT RATE box by USPS but shipping by UPS.
Jul 23, 2019, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
Well I am sure FMA is not using a FLAT RATE box by USPS but shipping by UPS.
They can't use a priority mail product to ship Lipos,, it has to go ground, USPS has a ground only product also,,but they "Chose" to use UPS @ $18,,,

Paying $18 for about one pound of product in a small box is absurd these days,, $13 for something that can cost me $6 and a free box was bad enough,, If I tried adding on like that on one of my sale here I'd be outed as a gouger, but somehow it's OK for a business to do it??

Like I said,, that made it a not great deal for me,,, maybe that's just in my mind,, but it's my mind that counts
Jul 23, 2019, 10:14 AM
blissinindy
Quote:
They can't use a priority mail product to ship Lipos,, it has to go ground, USPS has a ground only product also,,but they "Chose" to use UPS @ $18,,,

Paying $18 for about one pound of product in a small box is absurd these days,, $13 for something that can cost me $6 and a free box was bad enough,, If I tried adding on like that on one of my sale here I'd be outed as a gouger, but somehow it's OK for a business to do it??

Like I said,, that made it a not great deal for me,,, maybe that's just in my mind,, but it's my mind that counts
Understood and agree, shipping is high whatever option you choose Post office change to volumetric across the board hasn't helped ...
Was just commenting on the delta between with batteries and without
Jul 23, 2019, 05:01 PM
AMA 1242
Thread OP

cellpro

Quote:

Your mind is first and most important !! No offence meant, hope none taken ?
Last edited by jerseyhank; Jul 23, 2019 at 05:03 PM. Reason: a
Aug 02, 2019, 06:42 AM
None take at all, no worries,,

So just to follow up,, My charger came in a plain box , no box art like the other ones I've bought,, That box just dropped in a Priority Mail bubble wrap envelope, which are free,, no additional packing,, so they did charge $13 for what costs only about $6,,

Still a great deal for a great charger,, but over charging on shipping isn't a great way to do business,, people are smart and see right through the BS,,

Also, I find it very strange it came in a plain box,, if it is new why no regular box?
Aug 03, 2019, 12:19 PM
Occasionally here
I had to check, and mine also came in a plain white box. But it came with no instructions at all. Not even directions to download them. And now I am waiting for there proprietary charge board which is back ordered. 😑

Quick Reply