Jul 19, 2019, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
Question

How to "glue" iron-on covering?

The Toughlon covering on an OLD, but NIB, World Models plane is coming undone and it will not reattach with an iron. I was going to try Monokote trim solvent but it's no longer available. Tower Hobbies/Horizon couldn't suggest an alternative. Can anyone suggest another product that will allow me to reattach loose covering on this plane?
Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2019, 01:46 PM
k2k
k2k
Sig Stix-It.
Jul 21, 2019, 01:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2k
Sig Stix-It.
Thanks for the info.
Jul 22, 2019, 11:49 AM
ƃuıʇɐǝʞ ʇʇoɔs
Cover-Grip works too, especially if you just need to get it under some edges that are lifting.
Latest blog entry: Sagitta 600 build 2018
Jul 22, 2019, 01:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulturetec
Cover-Grip works too, especially if you just need to get it under some edges that are lifting.
Thanks for the info.
Jul 22, 2019, 05:05 PM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidwin
The Toughlon covering on an OLD, but NIB, World Models plane is coming undone and it will not reattach with an iron. I was going to try Monokote trim solvent but it's no longer available. Tower Hobbies/Horizon couldn't suggest an alternative. Can anyone suggest another product that will allow me to reattach loose covering on this plane?
Thanks.
Wow, thanks for asking my question for me!

I just came into this forum, ready to ask the exact same thing! My World Models P-56 is old and the trim is peeling. Talk about coincidence, lol.
Jul 22, 2019, 10:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
Wow, thanks for asking my question for me!

I just came into this forum, ready to ask the exact same thing! My World Models P-56 is old and the trim is peeling. Talk about coincidence, lol.
Try an iron, recommend a trim iron for small areas, set at about 250 degrees. That worked for some of my covering but not all. If covering bubbles, rub the area with your finger immediately after removing the iron to settle the covering. Toughlon chart states never go above 270 degrees. https://www.theworldmodels.com/store...structions.jpg
Jul 23, 2019, 12:54 AM
Grumpa Tom
Thanks!
Aug 04, 2019, 01:30 PM
Grumpa Tom
Just want to report that I got the Cover Grip from Horizon Hobby and used it this morning and it works great!

Quick Reply