This thread is privately moderated by JohnCC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 19, 2019, 07:04 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Happymodel Sailfly-X 105mm ToothPick Drone Review (In Progress)

Happymodel Sailfly-X 105mm Crazybee F4 PRO 2-3S Micro FPV Racing Drone (aff)

Coupon Code: BGSailflyX

Video Reviews

SailFly-X Betaflight tabAuxiliary Modes Issue - How to Fix! 🛠️ (7 min 4 sec)

Main Specifications

● Crazybee F4 PRO Flight Controller 2s, 3s
● 25mW VTX 700TVL Camera
● EX1102 8500KV Motor
● Onboard Frsky Receiver; SPI BUS receiver Frsky D8/D16 switchable

Comments + Criticism

In progress.

Photos

BetaFlight tabAuxiliary Issue

Setting up your new SailFly-X (or another model?) that has Betaflight 4.0.0, and getting a tabAuxiliary error preventing you from setting up your modes? This issue caused me to reinstall betaflight, uninstall it completely, and then reinstall it again before I realized the quad firmware was the problem! Here's how to fix the error? The SailFly-X shipping comes with a pre-release version of betaflight. It needed to be updated from 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 -- an easy process, but one that required some research. I've included easy instructions on how to do that in the videos section.

3s Throttle Scale Limiting

Onward to the second bit of configuration. It came to my attention that some users of this quad are burning out their boards on 3s batteries. The configuration from happymodel does not provide any scale limiting to tame the motors. Here is the command sequence you can copy into the CLI to prevent potential burn out on 3s, it will still be zippy but it won't risk burning your ESCs at top throttle:

Code:
rateprofile 1
set throttle_limit_type = SCALE
set throttle_limit_percent = 70
save
I would highly recommend doing this, as I have applied it and had multiple successful 3s flights so far on the 8500kv version. This includes crashes as well in the grass. I have yet to ruin the frame of this but most of my crashes are in very soft grass thus far.

Disclaimer

I’ve received this product from Banggood.com for the purpose of evaluation and review.

It is welcome to post review videos, questions, or links to good deals for this here (keep it reasonable), please just label your affiliate links and review for responsible disclosure. Thank you!
Last edited by JohnCC; Jul 22, 2019 at 08:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply