Dec 13, 2019, 12:30 AM
The Other Side of Your Screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpjacobsen
The Ball link pliers I have are too large and were purchased for my 470. Has anyone come up with an easy way to remove the linkages on the M2? They are tough to get off and I don't want to break or bend them. Can't seem to find smaller ball link pliers that would work with this.
I bought one of these to use on my 230 S v2, and found that my fingers worked better. I found my pliers were too big also. I didn't practice a lot with the smaller tool in the 6 months I have had it, maybe there is a better way to use than I got frustrated trying.

to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2019, 04:16 AM
Got my M2. Set it up and had first flight. Pretty finicky with the pitch or May be I haven't flown in a while so my thumbs are a bit untrained.
Do you guys add expo to pitch curve? If so how much?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dec 13, 2019, 04:29 AM
So after 100 flights with my M2, I found that it was not as durable or reliable as I had hoped. I spent a total of $150 on replacement parts. I had more dumb thumb crashes with the M2 than my other helis. This was because I have yet to get used to its flight characteristics. This is the list of my replacement parts after 100 flights.

1 ESC
2 tail motors
6 main shafts
6 tail blades
4 pairs of main blades
4 tail booms
4 servo horns
2 tail fins
1 pair of skids
1 Swashplate Mount
Last edited by zadaw; Dec 13, 2019 at 09:08 AM.
Dec 13, 2019, 10:05 AM
I buy ikarus piccolo/Eco8 stuf
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
So after 100 flights with my M2, I found that it was not as durable or reliable as I had hoped. I spent a total of $150 on replacement parts. I had more dumb thumb crashes with the M2 than my other helis. This was because I have yet to get used to its flight characteristics. This is the list of my replacement parts after 100 flights.

1 ESC
2 tail motors
6 main shafts
6 tail blades
4 pairs of main blades
4 tail booms
4 servo horns
2 tail fins
1 pair of skids
1 Swashplate Mount
It gets a lot more durable the less you crash it!
Dec 13, 2019, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifrek
It gets a lot more durable the less you crash it!
That is not the point. My Oxy 2, Fusion 180, and 150 S crashes much better than the M2. In many instances, they require no replacement parts after a crash. Whereas with the M2, the mildest of crashes would result in a bent main shaft and broken main blades. To add to this, I had problems with two broken tail motors and an ESC as well.
Last edited by zadaw; Dec 13, 2019 at 12:17 PM.
Dec 13, 2019, 02:49 PM
I buy ikarus piccolo/Eco8 stuf
It isn't made to crash, it's made to fly.
Dec 13, 2019, 04:55 PM
So is every heli, but some are more crash proof than others but flies as well or better at the same time.
Dec 13, 2019, 05:26 PM
Sir Crashalot
zadaw, how many crashes (your best estimate) did you have to cause those repairs? And were most of those crashes of the violent variety?
Dec 13, 2019, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
zadaw, how many crashes (your best estimate) did you have to cause those repairs? And were most of those crashes of the violent variety?
I think around 8-10 crashes. None of them were violent, many were blade scrapes followed by a chicken dance. My canopy is still almost like new and I have yet to bend a feathering shaft.
Last edited by zadaw; Dec 14, 2019 at 03:25 AM.
Dec 13, 2019, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSport
Thanks for that post and welcome to the forum.

I am a Open TX N00B - I have only gotten my nanoQX programmed in and have not learned how to get it to Red Mode on my 2 week old T16 Pro. Have started some of the course work at Open-TXU, sooner or later I will get the companion on my PC. I too wish there were better instructions for my DX8g2, I think it is programmed but have not taken it out to fly yet, only have had the bilibili video to attempt to follow with my newer DX8. And the 2 program mode switches are gonna be something new to learn as I only use one switch for my 14 other CP helis.
I hear you, I switched to Open Tx over the summer when I lost my DX7 (left at a park never to be seen again) and it was a blessing. At first, it was a bit confusing but the forums were helpful. Once you get the basic concept, it's a great system with endless flexibility. I'm still not comfty with the curve aspect of it and need to study them a bit more on my heli models. they fly great but I need to have a better understanding of how to tweak them. Was so used to the pitch and throttle curves in the spektrum radios, it's a bit more of a learning 'curve' with open tx.
Dec 13, 2019, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery
Send me the damaged one and let me have a go at fixing it.
All right maybe I can do that.

So here is what I did to try and give more strength to the tail motor wire and also give some “stretch” so if the carbon boom snaps, it won’t pull the wires out of the tail motor so easily.
Dec 13, 2019, 09:10 PM
And You're Not
I also put a dab of Welder Glue on the wire to motor junction on most all motors, helps with strain relief and vibration induced breaks right where the wires enter the motor.
Dec 14, 2019, 12:56 PM
Nova Helicopters designer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw

1 ESC
2 tail motors
6 main shafts
6 tail blades
4 pairs of main blades
4 tail booms
4 servo horns
2 tail fins
1 pair of skids
1 Swashplate Mount
Very honest post Sir!
Of course the more we wish to progress, the more times we end up crashing.. ask Tareq Alsaadi or any pilot that has constantly tried to progress. Tareq is a great example: he is insanely brilliant in his videos, but he freely admits it has come at the expense of many, many crashes (of course he can afford it!) - and he is still crashing by his own admission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helifrek
It isn't made to crash, it's made to fly.
er, yes.. but a pilot that "never crashes" is either a liar, or content with minimal progression imho..
Dec 14, 2019, 01:02 PM
Nova Helicopters designer.
On the subject of balls.. lol, usually the small variety are, or should be strong enough to remove by hand.. even clumsily. 450 and up you definitely need the removal tool, but I can pop the links off on my fusion 270 easily enough.. It's all in the fingernail action and I'm not a gorilla either!
Dec 14, 2019, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery
I also put a dab of Welder Glue on the wire to motor junction on most all motors, helps with strain relief and vibration induced breaks right where the wires enter the motor.
That’s a good idea. I know the motor wires have black hard epoxy where they enter the motor but not enough apparently.

BTW, OMP is definitely shipping from Ohio. I ordered new motor on Dec. 9 and it arrived on the 12th!

Quick Reply